Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
      Maybe it's the new year or the fact that it's too cold to go outside.  But I reset all the weather stations and software, etc., and now I'm reformatting the old desktop that I've been using to upload the weather data.  I'd been debating about doing that for a year and just felt froggy today, so I jumped.

      Rick <cfr301@...> wrote:
      I deleted HeavyWeather off my system, I guess I could load it again,
      but I never change anything on my console until Jan 1 anyway.

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1
      www.wapakweather. com
      www.wapaksnowplow. com

      --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
      <steve_03222@ ...> wrote:

      > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
      > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
      > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
      >
      > Steve

    • RS Moreland
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
        Greetings,
        My 2310 manual, sec 14.talks about resetting the min/max records. I
        followed the instructions and cleared last years data.
        Hope this helps.
        Regards, Bob

        > For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
        > that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in
        PDF
        > format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or
        killing
        > the power..for 23xx series---->
        >
        > If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
        > to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
        > PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
        > will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
        > back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
        > previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.
        >
        > That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall,
        its
        > good to flush the data out once a year anyway.
        >
        > Rick
        > KOHWAPAK1
        > www.wapakweather.com
        > www.wapaksnowplow.com

        > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Greg,
        > >
        > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
        > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
        button to
        > > exit the screen.
        > >
        > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut
        down
        > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
        > >
        > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
        there
        > > will be an option to reset the total.
        > >
        > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
        > >
        > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
        enable
        > > the rainfall reporting.
        > >
        > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
        keys on
        > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
        outlined
        > > in the user manual.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>
        wrote:

        > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
        > > >
        > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems
        > have
        > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm
        morning.

        > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
        > > >
        > > > Greg Whitehead
        > > > Euchee, TN
        > > > etc., etc., etc.

      • RS Moreland
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
          Thanks,
          the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

          > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
          exit
          > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
          > rainfall reporting.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
          > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Happy New year,
          > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
          OS 968.
          > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
          being "corrected
          > > to last year.
          > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
          rain
          > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
          > > Any suggestions?
          > > Thanks
          > > Regards, Bob

          > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Greg,
          > > >
          > > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
          > > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
          button to
          > > > exit the screen.
          > > >
          > > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to
          shut down
          > > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-
          36XX).

          > > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
          there
          > > > will be an option to reset the total.
          > > >
          > > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
          > > >
          > > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
          enable
          > > > the rainfall reporting.
          > > >
          > > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
          keys on
          > > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
          outlined
          > > > in the user manual.
          > > >

          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>

          > > have

        • Rick
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
            Yeah that works too I guess I was replying to removing the batteries
            and disconnecting the power, but your right you can just reset one
            Item, I only reset stuff in January so I've never done anything but a
            full reset..heres the info so you don't have to look it up--->

            Resetting the MIN/MAX records
            Whilst in the minimum or maximum mode, the time and dates are also
            displayed along with the recorded values. If the MINUS(-) key is
            pressed whilst any of these values are displayed, that particular
            minimum or maximum record will be reset to current reading together
            with the current time and date with the exception of the following:
            􀀀 The first case is Rainfall Total, which has neither maximum nor
            minimum records since it will show only the total rainfall. Pressing
            the MINUS(-) key, will reset the rainfall total value to zero and the
            time recording to current time.
             The second case is Rainfall 24h or 1h, which records maximum
            rain count only for these respective times. Pressing the MINUS(-)
            key in either of these two modes will reset the rain count to the
            current rain count and time and date.

            Rick
            KOHWAPAK1
            www.wapakweather.com
            www.wapaksnowplow.com

            <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

            > Thanks,
            > the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

            > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
            > exit
            > > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
            > > rainfall reporting.
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
            > > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Happy New year,
            > > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
            > OS 968.
            > > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
            > being "corrected
            > > > to last year.
            > > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
            > rain
            > > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
            > > > Any suggestions?
            > > > Thanks
            > > > Regards, Bob

            > button to

            > shut down
            > 36XX).

            > there

            > enable

            > keys on
            > outlined

            > seems to
            > > > have
            > morning.

          • Juha Jäntti
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
              Hi all.

              To add on this conversation, here's how Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 users
              using WUHU, should reset their rainfall (and all other cumulative) totals:

              NOTE: WUHU doesn't need to be stopped at all.

              1. In WUHU, press the [Tweak Data] button.
              2. Check enabled "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
              [Save Changes] button to exit the screen.
              3. Go to your Peet Bros Ultimeter station and press the "Clear"
              utility key (the [-O-] key) and the Calendar button simultaneously and
              keep them pressed down. The screen blinks three times. When the screen
              no longer blinks, release the two buttons). This clears all the
              cumulative (or Long Term) values to zero.
              4. Return back to WUHU and press the [Tweak Data] button.
              5. Clear the check mark on "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
              [Save Changes] button to exit the screen. You should see the "Rainfall
              Total" value drop to zero on the left side of WUHU's screen.
              6. If it does, you're done. :)

              Best Regards,
              Juha
              Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)