Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
      For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
      that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in PDF
      format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or killing
      the power..for 23xx series---->

      If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
      to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
      PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
      will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
      back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
      previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.

      That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall, its
      good to flush the data out once a year anyway.

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1
      www.wapakweather.com
      www.wapaksnowplow.com

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
        I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
        HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
        complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL

        Steve
      • Rick
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
          I deleted HeavyWeather off my system, I guess I could load it again,
          but I never change anything on my console until Jan 1 anyway.

          Rick
          KOHWAPAK1
          www.wapakweather.com
          www.wapaksnowplow.com

          <steve_03222@...> wrote:

          > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
          > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
          > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
          >
          > Steve

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
            Maybe it's the new year or the fact that it's too cold to go outside.  But I reset all the weather stations and software, etc., and now I'm reformatting the old desktop that I've been using to upload the weather data.  I'd been debating about doing that for a year and just felt froggy today, so I jumped.

            --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
            <steve_03222@ ...> wrote:

            > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
            > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
            > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
            >
            > Steve

          • RS Moreland
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
              Greetings,
              My 2310 manual, sec 14.talks about resetting the min/max records. I
              followed the instructions and cleared last years data.
              Hope this helps.
              Regards, Bob

              > For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
              > that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in
              PDF
              > format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or
              killing
              > the power..for 23xx series---->
              >
              > If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
              > to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
              > PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
              > will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
              > back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
              > previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.
              >
              > That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall,
              its
              > good to flush the data out once a year anyway.
              >
              > Rick
              > KOHWAPAK1
              > www.wapakweather.com
              > www.wapaksnowplow.com

              > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Greg,
              > >
              > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
              > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
              button to
              > > exit the screen.
              > >
              > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut
              down
              > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
              > >
              > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
              there
              > > will be an option to reset the total.
              > >
              > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
              > >
              > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
              enable
              > > the rainfall reporting.
              > >
              > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
              keys on
              > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
              outlined
              > > in the user manual.
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>
              wrote:

              > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
              > > >
              > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems
              > have
              > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm
              morning.

              > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
              > > >
              > > > Greg Whitehead
              > > > Euchee, TN
              > > > etc., etc., etc.

            • RS Moreland
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                Thanks,
                the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                exit
                > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                > rainfall reporting.
                >

                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Happy New year,
                > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                OS 968.
                > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                being "corrected
                > > to last year.
                > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                rain
                > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                > > Any suggestions?
                > > Thanks
                > > Regards, Bob

                > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Greg,
                > > >
                > > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                > > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                button to
                > > > exit the screen.
                > > >
                > > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to
                shut down
                > > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-
                36XX).

                > > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                there
                > > > will be an option to reset the total.
                > > >
                > > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                > > >
                > > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                enable
                > > > the rainfall reporting.
                > > >
                > > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                keys on
                > > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                outlined
                > > > in the user manual.
                > > >

                > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>

                > > have

              • Rick
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                  Yeah that works too I guess I was replying to removing the batteries
                  and disconnecting the power, but your right you can just reset one
                  Item, I only reset stuff in January so I've never done anything but a
                  full reset..heres the info so you don't have to look it up--->

                  Resetting the MIN/MAX records
                  Whilst in the minimum or maximum mode, the time and dates are also
                  displayed along with the recorded values. If the MINUS(-) key is
                  pressed whilst any of these values are displayed, that particular
                  minimum or maximum record will be reset to current reading together
                  with the current time and date with the exception of the following:
                  􀀀 The first case is Rainfall Total, which has neither maximum nor
                  minimum records since it will show only the total rainfall. Pressing
                  the MINUS(-) key, will reset the rainfall total value to zero and the
                  time recording to current time.
                   The second case is Rainfall 24h or 1h, which records maximum
                  rain count only for these respective times. Pressing the MINUS(-)
                  key in either of these two modes will reset the rain count to the
                  current rain count and time and date.

                  Rick
                  KOHWAPAK1
                  www.wapakweather.com
                  www.wapaksnowplow.com

                  <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks,
                  > the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                  > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                  > exit
                  > > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                  > > rainfall reporting.
                  > >

                  > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                  > > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Happy New year,
                  > > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                  > OS 968.
                  > > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                  > being "corrected
                  > > > to last year.
                  > > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                  > rain
                  > > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                  > > > Any suggestions?
                  > > > Thanks
                  > > > Regards, Bob

                  > button to

                  > shut down
                  > 36XX).

                  > there

                  > enable

                  > keys on
                  > outlined

                  > seems to
                  > > > have
                  > morning.

                • Juha Jäntti
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
                    Hi all.

                    To add on this conversation, here's how Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 users
                    using WUHU, should reset their rainfall (and all other cumulative) totals:

                    NOTE: WUHU doesn't need to be stopped at all.

                    1. In WUHU, press the [Tweak Data] button.
                    2. Check enabled "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                    [Save Changes] button to exit the screen.
                    3. Go to your Peet Bros Ultimeter station and press the "Clear"
                    utility key (the [-O-] key) and the Calendar button simultaneously and
                    keep them pressed down. The screen blinks three times. When the screen
                    no longer blinks, release the two buttons). This clears all the
                    cumulative (or Long Term) values to zero.
                    4. Return back to WUHU and press the [Tweak Data] button.
                    5. Clear the check mark on "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                    [Save Changes] button to exit the screen. You should see the "Rainfall
                    Total" value drop to zero on the left side of WUHU's screen.
                    6. If it does, you're done. :)

                    Best Regards,
                    Juha
                    Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)