Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
      Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to exit
      the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
      rainfall reporting.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
      <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

      > Happy New year,
      > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an OS 968.
      > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are being "corrected
      > to last year.
      > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the rain
      > sensor. Still corrected from history.
      > Any suggestions?
      > Thanks
      > Regards, Bob

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greg,
      > >
      > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
      > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
      > > exit the screen.
      > >
      > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
      > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
      > >
      > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
      > > will be an option to reset the total.
      > >
      > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
      > >
      > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
      > > the rainfall reporting.
      > >
      > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
      > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
      > > in the user manual.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
      > > >
      > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to
      > have
      > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
      > > >
      > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
      > > >
      > > > Greg Whitehead
      > > > Euchee, TN
      > > > etc., etc., etc.

    • Rick
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
        For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
        that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in PDF
        format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or killing
        the power..for 23xx series---->

        If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
        to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
        PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
        will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
        back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
        previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.

        That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall, its
        good to flush the data out once a year anyway.

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK1
        www.wapakweather.com
        www.wapaksnowplow.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
          I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
          HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
          complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL

          Steve
        • Rick
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
            I deleted HeavyWeather off my system, I guess I could load it again,
            but I never change anything on my console until Jan 1 anyway.

            Rick
            KOHWAPAK1
            www.wapakweather.com
            www.wapaksnowplow.com

            <steve_03222@...> wrote:

            > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
            > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
            > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
            >
            > Steve

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
              Maybe it's the new year or the fact that it's too cold to go outside.  But I reset all the weather stations and software, etc., and now I'm reformatting the old desktop that I've been using to upload the weather data.  I'd been debating about doing that for a year and just felt froggy today, so I jumped.

              --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
              <steve_03222@ ...> wrote:

              > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
              > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
              > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
              >
              > Steve

            • RS Moreland
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                Greetings,
                My 2310 manual, sec 14.talks about resetting the min/max records. I
                followed the instructions and cleared last years data.
                Hope this helps.
                Regards, Bob

                > For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
                > that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in
                PDF
                > format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or
                killing
                > the power..for 23xx series---->
                >
                > If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
                > to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
                > PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
                > will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
                > back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
                > previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.
                >
                > That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall,
                its
                > good to flush the data out once a year anyway.
                >
                > Rick
                > KOHWAPAK1
                > www.wapakweather.com
                > www.wapaksnowplow.com

                > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Greg,
                > >
                > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                button to
                > > exit the screen.
                > >
                > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut
                down
                > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
                > >
                > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                there
                > > will be an option to reset the total.
                > >
                > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                > >
                > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                enable
                > > the rainfall reporting.
                > >
                > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                keys on
                > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                outlined
                > > in the user manual.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>
                wrote:

                > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
                > > >
                > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems
                > have
                > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm
                morning.

                > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
                > > >
                > > > Greg Whitehead
                > > > Euchee, TN
                > > > etc., etc., etc.

              • RS Moreland
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                  Thanks,
                  the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                  > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                  exit
                  > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                  > rainfall reporting.
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                  > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Happy New year,
                  > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                  OS 968.
                  > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                  being "corrected
                  > > to last year.
                  > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                  rain
                  > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                  > > Any suggestions?
                  > > Thanks
                  > > Regards, Bob

                  > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Greg,
                  > > >
                  > > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                  > > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                  button to
                  > > > exit the screen.
                  > > >
                  > > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to
                  shut down
                  > > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-
                  36XX).

                  > > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                  there
                  > > > will be an option to reset the total.
                  > > >
                  > > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                  > > >
                  > > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                  enable
                  > > > the rainfall reporting.
                  > > >
                  > > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                  keys on
                  > > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                  outlined
                  > > > in the user manual.
                  > > >

                  > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>

                  > > have

                • Rick
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                    Yeah that works too I guess I was replying to removing the batteries
                    and disconnecting the power, but your right you can just reset one
                    Item, I only reset stuff in January so I've never done anything but a
                    full reset..heres the info so you don't have to look it up--->

                    Resetting the MIN/MAX records
                    Whilst in the minimum or maximum mode, the time and dates are also
                    displayed along with the recorded values. If the MINUS(-) key is
                    pressed whilst any of these values are displayed, that particular
                    minimum or maximum record will be reset to current reading together
                    with the current time and date with the exception of the following:
                    􀀀 The first case is Rainfall Total, which has neither maximum nor
                    minimum records since it will show only the total rainfall. Pressing
                    the MINUS(-) key, will reset the rainfall total value to zero and the
                    time recording to current time.
                     The second case is Rainfall 24h or 1h, which records maximum
                    rain count only for these respective times. Pressing the MINUS(-)
                    key in either of these two modes will reset the rain count to the
                    current rain count and time and date.

                    Rick
                    KOHWAPAK1
                    www.wapakweather.com
                    www.wapaksnowplow.com

                    <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks,
                    > the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                    > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                    > exit
                    > > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                    > > rainfall reporting.
                    > >

                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                    > > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Happy New year,
                    > > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                    > OS 968.
                    > > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                    > being "corrected
                    > > > to last year.
                    > > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                    > rain
                    > > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                    > > > Any suggestions?
                    > > > Thanks
                    > > > Regards, Bob

                    > button to

                    > shut down
                    > 36XX).

                    > there

                    > enable

                    > keys on
                    > outlined

                    > seems to
                    > > > have
                    > morning.

                  • Juha Jäntti
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
                      Hi all.

                      To add on this conversation, here's how Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 users
                      using WUHU, should reset their rainfall (and all other cumulative) totals:

                      NOTE: WUHU doesn't need to be stopped at all.

                      1. In WUHU, press the [Tweak Data] button.
                      2. Check enabled "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                      [Save Changes] button to exit the screen.
                      3. Go to your Peet Bros Ultimeter station and press the "Clear"
                      utility key (the [-O-] key) and the Calendar button simultaneously and
                      keep them pressed down. The screen blinks three times. When the screen
                      no longer blinks, release the two buttons). This clears all the
                      cumulative (or Long Term) values to zero.
                      4. Return back to WUHU and press the [Tweak Data] button.
                      5. Clear the check mark on "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                      [Save Changes] button to exit the screen. You should see the "Rainfall
                      Total" value drop to zero on the left side of WUHU's screen.
                      6. If it does, you're done. :)

                      Best Regards,
                      Juha
                      Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)