Re: New Equipment

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
      There are a couple issues with running WUHU under Vista.

      Firstly, I have encountered a problem reported by users where ActiveX
      controls are not allowed by default, you have to configure Vista to
      allow these applications to run. Google Vista and ActiveX and I am
      sure you will find the instructions.

      This move to disable ActiveX controls by default is apparently a MS
      attempt to improve security. Interestingly ActiveX is their own
      creation, go figure.

      Secondly, the application must have access rights to the C:\Program
      Files\WUHU directory. This step may be needed as the INI file is
      located there.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Maher"
      <josh.maher@...> wrote:

      > yeah, a few printers on the computer... anyone else get it to work
      on Vista
      > Ultimate?
      > - Josh
      >

      > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Josh,
      > > Do you have a printer configured on your Vista computer? WUHU
      software has
      > > to have a printer defined. There's no need to actually HAVE a
      printer, but
      > > one has to be defined!
      > >
      > > Happy New Year!
      > >
      > > Jaye Ellen
      > > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Josh Maher <josh.maher@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> I'm almost there with my TE831W-2.... but I can't get past an
      error I'm
      > >> getting with the teechart.ocx installation on my Vista Ultimate
      computer.

      > >> Anyone else see this? Seemed to install on my work XP computer...
      > >>
      > >> - Josh

      TE831W-2(knocks on

      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWASNOQU13

      wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

      wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

      I can

      More than

      wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

    • mtuip
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
        I have got it to run on Vista ultimate.

        <josh.maher@...> wrote:

        > yeah, a few printers on the computer... anyone else get it to work
        on Vista
        > Ultimate?
        > - Josh
        >

        > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Josh,
        > > Do you have a printer configured on your Vista computer? WUHU
        software has
        > > to have a printer defined. There's no need to actually HAVE a
        printer, but
        > > one has to be defined!
        > >
        > > Happy New Year!
        > >
        > > Jaye Ellen
        > > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Josh Maher <josh.maher@...>
        wrote:

        > >> I'm almost there with my TE831W-2.... but I can't get past an
        error I'm
        > >> getting with the teechart.ocx installation on my Vista Ultimate
        computer.

        > >> Anyone else see this? Seemed to install on my work XP computer...
        > >>
        > >> - Josh

        ID=KWASNOQU13

        wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%
        40yahoogroups.com>,

        More than

        wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%
        40yahoogroups.com>,

      • Josh Maher
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
          Did you run into any problems with installing teechart.ocx? I keep getting an error 271.

          I've enabled the activex installer service, turned off uac, and ensured a printer was available... Still no luck :(

          <josh.maher@ ...> wrote:

          > yeah, a few printers on the computer... anyone else get it to work
          on Vista
          > Ultimate?
          > - Josh
          >

          > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@ ...> wrote:
          >
          > > Josh,
          > > Do you have a printer configured on your Vista computer? WUHU
          software has
          > > to have a printer defined. There's no need to actually HAVE a
          printer, but
          > > one has to be defined!
          > >
          > > Happy New Year!
          > >
          > > Jaye Ellen
          > > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Josh Maher <josh.maher@ ...>
          wrote:

          > >> I'm almost there with my TE831W-2.... but I can't get past an
          error I'm
          > >> getting with the teechart.ocx installation on my Vista Ultimate
          computer.

          > >> Anyone else see this? Seemed to install on my work XP computer...
          > >>
          > >> - Josh

          ID=KWASNOQU13

          wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com<wuhu_software_ group%
          40yahoogroups. com>,

          More than

          wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com<wuhu_software_ group%
          40yahoogroups. com>,

          ily: Arial; font-weight: bold; color: #628c2a; font-size: 100%; line-height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{ margin: 0; } o{font-size: 0; } .MsoNormal{ margin: 0 0 0 0; } #ygrp-text tt{ font-size: 120%; } blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;} .replbq{margin:4} -->ml>
        • mtuip
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
            Nope .. the only thing I'm getting is that occasionally the sensors
            stop responding. the 100' range isn't exactly correct as you have to
            keep the main unit much closer to the sensors.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
              This might be a dumb question but are one of those printers selected
              as the 'Default Printer'? You might want to double check within the
              control panel. Also, you might try selecting a different printer as
              the 'Default' just in case that makes a difference.