Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
      Greg,

      Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
      "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
      exit the screen.

      To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
      WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).

      In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
      will be an option to reset the total.

      After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.

      After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
      the rainfall reporting.

      Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
      the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
      in the user manual.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...> wrote:

      > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
      >
      > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to have
      > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
      >
      > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
      >
      > Greg Whitehead
      > Euchee, TN
      > etc., etc., etc.

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
        Thanks.  I ended up unplugging and taking the batteries out of the console.  That reset everything.  The part I have trouble remembering is that it takes several minutes for the console to "learn" the sensors after restoring power.

        The reason I'm not a doctor is that I don't have any patience (insert rimshot here).

        On a side note, the "mast shielding" fix for my wind sensor didn't seem to work.  I was reading 10 to 20 mph winds a few minutes ago.  I went out and added the ferrous core to the wire and it still stayed high.    It's back to zero now but I don't know for how long.  I may have to have a serious talk with LaCrosse on Monday.

        wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
        Greg,

        Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
        "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
        exit the screen.

        To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
        WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).

        In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
        will be an option to reset the total.

        After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.

        After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
        the rainfall reporting.

        Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
        the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
        in the user manual.

        --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Greg" <gw33340@... > wrote:

        > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
        >
        > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to have
        > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
        >
        > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
        >
        > Greg Whitehead
        > Euchee, TN
        > etc., etc., etc.

      • RS Moreland
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
          Happy New year,
          I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an OS 968.
          I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are being "corrected
          to last year.
          The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the rain
          sensor. Still corrected from history.
          Any suggestions?
          Thanks
          Regards, Bob

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
            Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to exit
            the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
            rainfall reporting.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
            <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

            > Happy New year,
            > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an OS 968.
            > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are being "corrected
            > to last year.
            > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the rain
            > sensor. Still corrected from history.
            > Any suggestions?
            > Thanks
            > Regards, Bob

            > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Greg,
            > >
            > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
            > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
            > > exit the screen.
            > >
            > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
            > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
            > >
            > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
            > > will be an option to reset the total.
            > >
            > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
            > >
            > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
            > > the rainfall reporting.
            > >
            > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
            > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
            > > in the user manual.
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
            > > >
            > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to
            > have
            > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
            > > >
            > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
            > > >
            > > > Greg Whitehead
            > > > Euchee, TN
            > > > etc., etc., etc.

          • Rick
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
              For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
              that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in PDF
              format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or killing
              the power..for 23xx series---->

              If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
              to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
              PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
              will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
              back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
              previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.

              That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall, its
              good to flush the data out once a year anyway.

              Rick
              KOHWAPAK1
              www.wapakweather.com
              www.wapaksnowplow.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL

                Steve
              • Rick
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                  I deleted HeavyWeather off my system, I guess I could load it again,
                  but I never change anything on my console until Jan 1 anyway.

                  Rick
                  KOHWAPAK1
                  www.wapakweather.com
                  www.wapaksnowplow.com

                  <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                  > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                  > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                  > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
                  >
                  > Steve

                • Greg
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                    Maybe it's the new year or the fact that it's too cold to go outside.  But I reset all the weather stations and software, etc., and now I'm reformatting the old desktop that I've been using to upload the weather data.  I'd been debating about doing that for a year and just felt froggy today, so I jumped.

                    --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                    <steve_03222@ ...> wrote:

                    > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                    > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                    > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
                    >
                    > Steve

                  • RS Moreland
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                      Greetings,
                      My 2310 manual, sec 14.talks about resetting the min/max records. I
                      followed the instructions and cleared last years data.
                      Hope this helps.
                      Regards, Bob

                      > For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
                      > that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in
                      PDF
                      > format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or
                      killing
                      > the power..for 23xx series---->
                      >
                      > If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
                      > to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
                      > PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
                      > will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
                      > back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
                      > previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.
                      >
                      > That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall,
                      its
                      > good to flush the data out once a year anyway.
                      >
                      > Rick
                      > KOHWAPAK1
                      > www.wapakweather.com
                      > www.wapaksnowplow.com

                      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Greg,
                      > >
                      > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                      > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                      button to
                      > > exit the screen.
                      > >
                      > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut
                      down
                      > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
                      > >
                      > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                      there
                      > > will be an option to reset the total.
                      > >
                      > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                      > >
                      > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                      enable
                      > > the rainfall reporting.
                      > >
                      > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                      keys on
                      > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                      outlined
                      > > in the user manual.
                      > >

                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>
                      wrote:

                      > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
                      > > >
                      > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems
                      > have
                      > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm
                      morning.

                      > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
                      > > >
                      > > > Greg Whitehead
                      > > > Euchee, TN
                      > > > etc., etc., etc.

                    • RS Moreland
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                        Thanks,
                        the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                        > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                        exit
                        > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                        > rainfall reporting.
                        >

                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                        > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Happy New year,
                        > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                        OS 968.
                        > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                        being "corrected
                        > > to last year.
                        > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                        rain
                        > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                        > > Any suggestions?
                        > > Thanks
                        > > Regards, Bob

                        > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Greg,
                        > > >
                        > > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                        > > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                        button to
                        > > > exit the screen.
                        > > >
                        > > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to
                        shut down
                        > > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-
                        36XX).

                        > > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                        there
                        > > > will be an option to reset the total.
                        > > >
                        > > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                        > > >
                        > > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                        enable
                        > > > the rainfall reporting.
                        > > >
                        > > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                        keys on
                        > > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                        outlined
                        > > > in the user manual.
                        > > >

                        > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>

                        > > have

                      • Rick
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                          Yeah that works too I guess I was replying to removing the batteries
                          and disconnecting the power, but your right you can just reset one
                          Item, I only reset stuff in January so I've never done anything but a
                          full reset..heres the info so you don't have to look it up--->

                          Resetting the MIN/MAX records
                          Whilst in the minimum or maximum mode, the time and dates are also
                          displayed along with the recorded values. If the MINUS(-) key is
                          pressed whilst any of these values are displayed, that particular
                          minimum or maximum record will be reset to current reading together
                          with the current time and date with the exception of the following:
                          􀀀 The first case is Rainfall Total, which has neither maximum nor
                          minimum records since it will show only the total rainfall. Pressing
                          the MINUS(-) key, will reset the rainfall total value to zero and the
                          time recording to current time.
                           The second case is Rainfall 24h or 1h, which records maximum
                          rain count only for these respective times. Pressing the MINUS(-)
                          key in either of these two modes will reset the rain count to the
                          current rain count and time and date.

                          Rick
                          KOHWAPAK1
                          www.wapakweather.com
                          www.wapaksnowplow.com

                          <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks,
                          > the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                          > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                          > exit
                          > > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                          > > rainfall reporting.
                          > >

                          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                          > > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Happy New year,
                          > > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                          > OS 968.
                          > > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                          > being "corrected
                          > > > to last year.
                          > > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                          > rain
                          > > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                          > > > Any suggestions?
                          > > > Thanks
                          > > > Regards, Bob

                          > button to

                          > shut down
                          > 36XX).

                          > there

                          > enable

                          > keys on
                          > outlined

                          > seems to
                          > > > have
                          > morning.

                        • Juha Jäntti
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
                            Hi all.

                            To add on this conversation, here's how Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 users
                            using WUHU, should reset their rainfall (and all other cumulative) totals:

                            NOTE: WUHU doesn't need to be stopped at all.

                            1. In WUHU, press the [Tweak Data] button.
                            2. Check enabled "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                            [Save Changes] button to exit the screen.
                            3. Go to your Peet Bros Ultimeter station and press the "Clear"
                            utility key (the [-O-] key) and the Calendar button simultaneously and
                            keep them pressed down. The screen blinks three times. When the screen
                            no longer blinks, release the two buttons). This clears all the
                            cumulative (or Long Term) values to zero.
                            4. Return back to WUHU and press the [Tweak Data] button.
                            5. Clear the check mark on "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                            [Save Changes] button to exit the screen. You should see the "Rainfall
                            Total" value drop to zero on the left side of WUHU's screen.
                            6. If it does, you're done. :)

                            Best Regards,
                            Juha
                            Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)