Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...> wrote:

      > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
      >
      > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to
      have
      > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
      >
      > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
      >
      > Greg Whitehead
      > Euchee, TN
      > etc., etc., etc.

      tot = the

      (heading for the coffee pot)
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
        Greg,

        Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
        "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
        exit the screen.

        To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
        WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).

        In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
        will be an option to reset the total.

        After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.

        After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
        the rainfall reporting.

        Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
        the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
        in the user manual.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...> wrote:

        > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
        >
        > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to have
        > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
        >
        > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
        >
        > Greg Whitehead
        > Euchee, TN
        > etc., etc., etc.

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
          Thanks.  I ended up unplugging and taking the batteries out of the console.  That reset everything.  The part I have trouble remembering is that it takes several minutes for the console to "learn" the sensors after restoring power.

          The reason I'm not a doctor is that I don't have any patience (insert rimshot here).

          On a side note, the "mast shielding" fix for my wind sensor didn't seem to work.  I was reading 10 to 20 mph winds a few minutes ago.  I went out and added the ferrous core to the wire and it still stayed high.    It's back to zero now but I don't know for how long.  I may have to have a serious talk with LaCrosse on Monday.

          wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
          Greg,

          Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
          "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
          exit the screen.

          To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
          WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).

          In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
          will be an option to reset the total.

          After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.

          After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
          the rainfall reporting.

          Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
          the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
          in the user manual.

          --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Greg" <gw33340@... > wrote:

          > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
          >
          > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to have
          > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
          >
          > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
          >
          > Greg Whitehead
          > Euchee, TN
          > etc., etc., etc.

        • RS Moreland
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
            Happy New year,
            I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an OS 968.
            I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are being "corrected
            to last year.
            The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the rain
            sensor. Still corrected from history.
            Any suggestions?
            Thanks
            Regards, Bob

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
              Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to exit
              the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
              rainfall reporting.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
              <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

              > Happy New year,
              > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an OS 968.
              > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are being "corrected
              > to last year.
              > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the rain
              > sensor. Still corrected from history.
              > Any suggestions?
              > Thanks
              > Regards, Bob

              > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Greg,
              > >
              > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
              > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
              > > exit the screen.
              > >
              > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
              > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
              > >
              > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
              > > will be an option to reset the total.
              > >
              > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
              > >
              > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
              > > the rainfall reporting.
              > >
              > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
              > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
              > > in the user manual.
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
              > > >
              > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to
              > have
              > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
              > > >
              > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
              > > >
              > > > Greg Whitehead
              > > > Euchee, TN
              > > > etc., etc., etc.

            • Rick
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
                that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in PDF
                format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or killing
                the power..for 23xx series---->

                If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
                to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
                PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
                will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
                back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
                previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.

                That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall, its
                good to flush the data out once a year anyway.

                Rick
                KOHWAPAK1
                www.wapakweather.com
                www.wapaksnowplow.com

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                  I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                  HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                  complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL

                  Steve
                • Rick
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                    I deleted HeavyWeather off my system, I guess I could load it again,
                    but I never change anything on my console until Jan 1 anyway.

                    Rick
                    KOHWAPAK1
                    www.wapakweather.com
                    www.wapaksnowplow.com

                    <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                    > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                    > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                    > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
                    >
                    > Steve

                  • Greg
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                      Maybe it's the new year or the fact that it's too cold to go outside.  But I reset all the weather stations and software, etc., and now I'm reformatting the old desktop that I've been using to upload the weather data.  I'd been debating about doing that for a year and just felt froggy today, so I jumped.

                      --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                      <steve_03222@ ...> wrote:

                      > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                      > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                      > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
                      >
                      > Steve

                    • RS Moreland
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                        Greetings,
                        My 2310 manual, sec 14.talks about resetting the min/max records. I
                        followed the instructions and cleared last years data.
                        Hope this helps.
                        Regards, Bob

                        > For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
                        > that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in
                        PDF
                        > format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or
                        killing
                        > the power..for 23xx series---->
                        >
                        > If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
                        > to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
                        > PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
                        > will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
                        > back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
                        > previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.
                        >
                        > That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall,
                        its
                        > good to flush the data out once a year anyway.
                        >
                        > Rick
                        > KOHWAPAK1
                        > www.wapakweather.com
                        > www.wapaksnowplow.com

                        > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Greg,
                        > >
                        > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                        > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                        button to
                        > > exit the screen.
                        > >
                        > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut
                        down
                        > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
                        > >
                        > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                        there
                        > > will be an option to reset the total.
                        > >
                        > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                        > >
                        > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                        enable
                        > > the rainfall reporting.
                        > >
                        > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                        keys on
                        > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                        outlined
                        > > in the user manual.
                        > >

                        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>
                        wrote:

                        > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
                        > > >
                        > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems
                        > have
                        > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm
                        morning.

                        > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
                        > > >
                        > > > Greg Whitehead
                        > > > Euchee, TN
                        > > > etc., etc., etc.

                      • RS Moreland
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                          Thanks,
                          the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                          > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                          exit
                          > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                          > rainfall reporting.
                          >

                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                          > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Happy New year,
                          > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                          OS 968.
                          > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                          being "corrected
                          > > to last year.
                          > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                          rain
                          > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                          > > Any suggestions?
                          > > Thanks
                          > > Regards, Bob

                          > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Greg,
                          > > >
                          > > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                          > > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                          button to
                          > > > exit the screen.
                          > > >
                          > > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to
                          shut down
                          > > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-
                          36XX).

                          > > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                          there
                          > > > will be an option to reset the total.
                          > > >
                          > > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                          > > >
                          > > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                          enable
                          > > > the rainfall reporting.
                          > > >
                          > > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                          keys on
                          > > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                          outlined
                          > > > in the user manual.
                          > > >

                          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>

                          > > have

                        • Rick
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                            Yeah that works too I guess I was replying to removing the batteries
                            and disconnecting the power, but your right you can just reset one
                            Item, I only reset stuff in January so I've never done anything but a
                            full reset..heres the info so you don't have to look it up--->

                            Resetting the MIN/MAX records
                            Whilst in the minimum or maximum mode, the time and dates are also
                            displayed along with the recorded values. If the MINUS(-) key is
                            pressed whilst any of these values are displayed, that particular
                            minimum or maximum record will be reset to current reading together
                            with the current time and date with the exception of the following:
                            􀀀 The first case is Rainfall Total, which has neither maximum nor
                            minimum records since it will show only the total rainfall. Pressing
                            the MINUS(-) key, will reset the rainfall total value to zero and the
                            time recording to current time.
                             The second case is Rainfall 24h or 1h, which records maximum
                            rain count only for these respective times. Pressing the MINUS(-)
                            key in either of these two modes will reset the rain count to the
                            current rain count and time and date.

                            Rick
                            KOHWAPAK1
                            www.wapakweather.com
                            www.wapaksnowplow.com

                            <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                            > Thanks,
                            > the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                            > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                            > exit
                            > > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                            > > rainfall reporting.
                            > >

                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                            > > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Happy New year,
                            > > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                            > OS 968.
                            > > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                            > being "corrected
                            > > > to last year.
                            > > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                            > rain
                            > > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                            > > > Any suggestions?
                            > > > Thanks
                            > > > Regards, Bob

                            > button to

                            > shut down
                            > 36XX).

                            > there

                            > enable

                            > keys on
                            > outlined

                            > seems to
                            > > > have
                            > morning.

                          • Juha J√§ntti
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
                              Hi all.

                              To add on this conversation, here's how Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 users
                              using WUHU, should reset their rainfall (and all other cumulative) totals:

                              NOTE: WUHU doesn't need to be stopped at all.

                              1. In WUHU, press the [Tweak Data] button.
                              2. Check enabled "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                              [Save Changes] button to exit the screen.
                              3. Go to your Peet Bros Ultimeter station and press the "Clear"
                              utility key (the [-O-] key) and the Calendar button simultaneously and
                              keep them pressed down. The screen blinks three times. When the screen
                              no longer blinks, release the two buttons). This clears all the
                              cumulative (or Long Term) values to zero.
                              4. Return back to WUHU and press the [Tweak Data] button.
                              5. Clear the check mark on "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                              [Save Changes] button to exit the screen. You should see the "Rainfall
                              Total" value drop to zero on the left side of WUHU's screen.
                              6. If it does, you're done. :)

                              Best Regards,
                              Juha
                              Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)