HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
      So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?

      On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to have
      worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.

      I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!

      Greg Whitehead
      Euchee, TN
      etc., etc., etc.
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...> wrote:

        > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
        >
        > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to
        have
        > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
        >
        > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
        >
        > Greg Whitehead
        > Euchee, TN
        > etc., etc., etc.

        tot = the

        (heading for the coffee pot)
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
          Greg,

          Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
          "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
          exit the screen.

          To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
          WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).

          In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
          will be an option to reset the total.

          After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.

          After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
          the rainfall reporting.

          Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
          the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
          in the user manual.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...> wrote:

          > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
          >
          > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to have
          > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
          >
          > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
          >
          > Greg Whitehead
          > Euchee, TN
          > etc., etc., etc.

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
            Thanks.  I ended up unplugging and taking the batteries out of the console.  That reset everything.  The part I have trouble remembering is that it takes several minutes for the console to "learn" the sensors after restoring power.

            The reason I'm not a doctor is that I don't have any patience (insert rimshot here).

            On a side note, the "mast shielding" fix for my wind sensor didn't seem to work.  I was reading 10 to 20 mph winds a few minutes ago.  I went out and added the ferrous core to the wire and it still stayed high.    It's back to zero now but I don't know for how long.  I may have to have a serious talk with LaCrosse on Monday.

            wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
            Greg,

            Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
            "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
            exit the screen.

            To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
            WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).

            In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
            will be an option to reset the total.

            After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.

            After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
            the rainfall reporting.

            Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
            the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
            in the user manual.

            --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Greg" <gw33340@... > wrote:

            > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
            >
            > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to have
            > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
            >
            > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
            >
            > Greg Whitehead
            > Euchee, TN
            > etc., etc., etc.

          • RS Moreland
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
              Happy New year,
              I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an OS 968.
              I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are being "corrected
              to last year.
              The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the rain
              sensor. Still corrected from history.
              Any suggestions?
              Thanks
              Regards, Bob

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to exit
                the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                rainfall reporting.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                > Happy New year,
                > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an OS 968.
                > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are being "corrected
                > to last year.
                > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the rain
                > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                > Any suggestions?
                > Thanks
                > Regards, Bob

                > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Greg,
                > >
                > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes button to
                > > exit the screen.
                > >
                > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut down
                > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
                > >
                > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total, there
                > > will be an option to reset the total.
                > >
                > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                > >
                > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-enable
                > > the rainfall reporting.
                > >
                > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the keys on
                > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be outlined
                > > in the user manual.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
                > > >
                > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems to
                > have
                > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm morning.
                > > >
                > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
                > > >
                > > > Greg Whitehead
                > > > Euchee, TN
                > > > etc., etc., etc.

              • Rick
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                  For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
                  that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in PDF
                  format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or killing
                  the power..for 23xx series---->

                  If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
                  to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
                  PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
                  will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
                  back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
                  previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.

                  That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall, its
                  good to flush the data out once a year anyway.

                  Rick
                  KOHWAPAK1
                  www.wapakweather.com
                  www.wapaksnowplow.com

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                    I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                    HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                    complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL

                    Steve
                  • Rick
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                      I deleted HeavyWeather off my system, I guess I could load it again,
                      but I never change anything on my console until Jan 1 anyway.

                      Rick
                      KOHWAPAK1
                      www.wapakweather.com
                      www.wapaksnowplow.com

                      <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                      > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                      > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                      > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
                      >
                      > Steve

                    • Greg
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                        Maybe it's the new year or the fact that it's too cold to go outside.  But I reset all the weather stations and software, etc., and now I'm reformatting the old desktop that I've been using to upload the weather data.  I'd been debating about doing that for a year and just felt froggy today, so I jumped.

                        --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                        <steve_03222@ ...> wrote:

                        > I reset my rainfall records on the console every month. I use the
                        > HeavyWeather software and it resets easily. I have never done a
                        > complete reset to factory defaults in 3 years...LOL
                        >
                        > Steve

                      • RS Moreland
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                          Greetings,
                          My 2310 manual, sec 14.talks about resetting the min/max records. I
                          followed the instructions and cleared last years data.
                          Hope this helps.
                          Regards, Bob

                          > For those that are going...manual,,wonder where I put
                          > that..hehehe..heres the answer I keep my manual in my computer in
                          PDF
                          > format...heres how to reset without removing the batteries or
                          killing
                          > the power..for 23xx series---->
                          >
                          > If you wish to make a full reset of the base station and return
                          > to the original factory settings, simultaneously press and hold the
                          > PRESSURE and WIND keys for about 5 seconds. The base station
                          > will beep once and the entire LCD will light up for 5 seconds and go
                          > back to the original factory settings. This process with clear all
                          > previous user defined values and all weather history recordings.
                          >
                          > That resets everything but its the only way to clear the rainfall,
                          its
                          > good to flush the data out once a year anyway.
                          >
                          > Rick
                          > KOHWAPAK1
                          > www.wapakweather.com
                          > www.wapaksnowplow.com

                          > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Greg,
                          > >
                          > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                          > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                          button to
                          > > exit the screen.
                          > >
                          > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to shut
                          down
                          > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-36XX).
                          > >
                          > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                          there
                          > > will be an option to reset the total.
                          > >
                          > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                          > >
                          > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                          enable
                          > > the rainfall reporting.
                          > >
                          > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                          keys on
                          > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                          outlined
                          > > in the user manual.
                          > >

                          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>
                          wrote:

                          > > > So, how do we reset tot yearly totals on WUHU?
                          > > >
                          > > > On another topic, the modification to the 2315 wind speed seems
                          > have
                          > > > worked (knock on wood). The wind speed shows 0 on a calm
                          morning.

                          > > > I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone!
                          > > >
                          > > > Greg Whitehead
                          > > > Euchee, TN
                          > > > etc., etc., etc.

                        • RS Moreland
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                            Thanks,
                            the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                            > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                            exit
                            > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                            > rainfall reporting.
                            >

                            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                            > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Happy New year,
                            > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                            OS 968.
                            > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                            being "corrected
                            > > to last year.
                            > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                            rain
                            > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                            > > Any suggestions?
                            > > Thanks
                            > > Regards, Bob

                            > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Greg,
                            > > >
                            > > > Before resetting the rain total, go in the Tweak screen, check
                            > > > "Disable all rainfall reporting", then hit the Save Changes
                            button to
                            > > > exit the screen.
                            > > >
                            > > > To reset the rain total in the console the easiest way is to
                            shut down
                            > > > WUHU and run Heavyweather (or HW Pro if you are using a WS-
                            36XX).

                            > > > In Heavyweather, right click the button under the rain total,
                            there
                            > > > will be an option to reset the total.
                            > > >
                            > > > After the total is reset, shut down HW and run WUHU.
                            > > >
                            > > > After WUHU is restarted, go back in to the Tweak screen and re-
                            enable
                            > > > the rainfall reporting.
                            > > >
                            > > > Sidenote: There is a method to reset the total using only the
                            keys on
                            > > > the console but I have never tried it. That method should be
                            outlined
                            > > > in the user manual.
                            > > >

                            > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@>

                            > > have

                          • Rick
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 1, 2009
                              Yeah that works too I guess I was replying to removing the batteries
                              and disconnecting the power, but your right you can just reset one
                              Item, I only reset stuff in January so I've never done anything but a
                              full reset..heres the info so you don't have to look it up--->

                              Resetting the MIN/MAX records
                              Whilst in the minimum or maximum mode, the time and dates are also
                              displayed along with the recorded values. If the MINUS(-) key is
                              pressed whilst any of these values are displayed, that particular
                              minimum or maximum record will be reset to current reading together
                              with the current time and date with the exception of the following:
                              􀀀 The first case is Rainfall Total, which has neither maximum nor
                              minimum records since it will show only the total rainfall. Pressing
                              the MINUS(-) key, will reset the rainfall total value to zero and the
                              time recording to current time.
                               The second case is Rainfall 24h or 1h, which records maximum
                              rain count only for these respective times. Pressing the MINUS(-)
                              key in either of these two modes will reset the rain count to the
                              current rain count and time and date.

                              Rick
                              KOHWAPAK1
                              www.wapakweather.com
                              www.wapaksnowplow.com

                              <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                              > Thanks,
                              > the 2310 reset. Now for the OS 968

                              > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > Try disabling rainfall again, make sure you click save setting to
                              > exit
                              > > the screen. After the next update (or a few minutes), re-enable
                              > > rainfall reporting.
                              > >

                              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                              > > <bobmoreland@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Happy New year,
                              > > > I'm running WUHU twice, once for a Lacross 2310 and once for an
                              > OS 968.
                              > > > I reset both on the consoles but the rain totals are
                              > being "corrected
                              > > > to last year.
                              > > > The 2310, I aborted the start up with and without disabling the
                              > rain
                              > > > sensor. Still corrected from history.
                              > > > Any suggestions?
                              > > > Thanks
                              > > > Regards, Bob

                              > button to

                              > shut down
                              > 36XX).

                              > there

                              > enable

                              > keys on
                              > outlined

                              > seems to
                              > > > have
                              > morning.

                            • Juha Jäntti
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
                                Hi all.

                                To add on this conversation, here's how Peet Bros Ultimeter 2100 users
                                using WUHU, should reset their rainfall (and all other cumulative) totals:

                                NOTE: WUHU doesn't need to be stopped at all.

                                1. In WUHU, press the [Tweak Data] button.
                                2. Check enabled "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                                [Save Changes] button to exit the screen.
                                3. Go to your Peet Bros Ultimeter station and press the "Clear"
                                utility key (the [-O-] key) and the Calendar button simultaneously and
                                keep them pressed down. The screen blinks three times. When the screen
                                no longer blinks, release the two buttons). This clears all the
                                cumulative (or Long Term) values to zero.
                                4. Return back to WUHU and press the [Tweak Data] button.
                                5. Clear the check mark on "Disable all rainfall reporting" and press
                                [Save Changes] button to exit the screen. You should see the "Rainfall
                                Total" value drop to zero on the left side of WUHU's screen.
                                6. If it does, you're done. :)

                                Best Regards,
                                Juha
                                Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)