Re: Honeywell TE831W

  • mtuip
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 1, 2009
      I had that happen earlier ... what I did was to close both wuhu and
      weather collection and rename the records.txt file to records2.txt and
      start from scratch. I then restarted the programs which will recreate
      the records.txt file. So far so good on my end.

      Martin

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Delany"
      <ryandelany@...> wrote:

      > I know it isn't supported in direct mode, but I have a TE831W which
      > seems to make a records.txt that is the same as the supported TE923
      > model from Honeywell.
      >
      > The problem I have is that when it tries to read and import the
      > records.txt, I get the following error:
      >
      > Wed Dec 31 20:49:10 2008 > TE923 Records file read error, expected 33
      > fields, found 26 fields.
      >
      > The strange thing is, opening this file in Excel reveals that there
      > are indeed 33 fields, so I don't know why WUHU is saying there are
      > only 26. Maybe a parsing error in the program? I've tried
      > enabling/disabling various options in WUHU (rain gauge, wind gauge,
      > etc.), but the problem persists.
      >
      > Please let me know who I can get a copy of my records.txt to so we can
      > figure out if there is a parsing error, or add support for this model
      > into WUHU.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Ryan

    • htksos
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 1, 2010
        More info on my issue:

        It appears WC adv, does not record the calculated rain totals on the data retrieved from the TE831's data logger.

        After clearing the data from weather capture and letting it re-load it from the main unit. the records had the reported 25/33 fields, while the newly recoreded records had more fields. the missing fields are all calculated rainfall and UV totals.