Website

  • Chris Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
      I have a website up and would like to put my personal weather data up on this site, how would I go about doing that?

      Thanks

      Chris

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        Assuming you have webspace that you can upload to using an FTP
        client... Conact your webspace provider for the details of interfacing
        witheir FTP server.

        Next, you will want to use HeavyWeather publisher available from the
        Heavyweather software site. See group links.

        Once installed, you will need to configure the program to work with
        your FTP server (enter account, passowrd, ect). Also, you will need to
        point it to the currdat.lst file.

        You can select from various pre-package templates or create your own as
        far as the image goes.

        It takes a bit to figure out how to use the program's editor, but it is
        fairly flexible.

        The program will upload a .jpg image with your weather data at the
        specified upload interval.

        If you look at the instructions at the Heavyweather publisher download
        area, they have established some sort of test server where you can
        upload your images.

        Check it out, let us know if you need help.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Phillips"
        <phillipsc@a...> wrote:
        > I have a website up and would like to put my personal weather data up
        on this site, how would I go about doing that?

        > Thanks
        >
        > Chris

        > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
      • Chris Phillips
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
          Okay

          I am using Microsoft Frontpage and anytime i try to upload I get an error saying The server name or address can not be resolved.

          I put for my server name ftp://12.20.136.98 and the file path is http://www.wncws.com/weather_tracker.htm File Name is Weather Tracker
          What am I doing wrong?

          Thanks

          <phillipsc@a...> wrote:
          > I have a website up and would like to put my personal weather data up
          on this site, how would I go about doing that?

          > Thanks
          >
          > Chris

          > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

          --- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Always Online The High Speed Internet Service]

          Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
        • Chris Phillips