Teek Roo

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
      A bit nippy out there tonight :)
      I love to hear it when folks say that it is too cold to snow,
      especially when I lived out your way and it was -20F and a blizzard.

      Steve
    • Tek Roo
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
        Cold? This ain't cold! ...though just last night I _did_ get a good
        close look at the guard rail on the left side of the I-80 Hwy 85
        overpass out the front window of my truck last night. ..followed very
        soon by an equally excellent view of the guard rail on the right...
        then the left... then the right... damn ice... got control of the
        vehicle after about a quarter mile though! I drive sideways almost as
        good as I drive frontways!

        On the topic of cold, a friend of mine is down at the South Pole for a
        four month assignment and he says it really _does_ get so cold that
        spit is frozen before it hits the ground! He always thought that was
        just an exaggeration. His blog can be found here:
        http://www.curiosity-magazine.com/ice/ but looks like I'll need to
        pester him about updates. He does have difficulties getting Internet
        access at the prime times since as the Telecommunications guy, he's
        kinda working during the best hours. He hasn't updated since he
        arrived at the pole.

        Richard H. Brant
        KWYCARPE1

        <steve_03222@...> wrote:

        > A bit nippy out there tonight :)
        > I love to hear it when folks say that it is too cold to snow,
        > especially when I lived out your way and it was -20F and a blizzard.
        >
        > Steve

      • Tek Roo
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2008
          Huh.... odd, my reply was posted to the board, but not via email, or
          maybe it was just I that didn't receive it. Apologies to those who
          may have seen my reply already!