RE: [wuhu_software_group] Wind sock

  • Greggo
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
      That would be a good idea.  But I have a very cheap webcam inside looking out the window and my anemometers are on the other side of the house on a 30-foot mast.

      I thought the plastic sack was a cheap solution.

      Include your anemometer in the corner of your webcam shot. It makes a decent movement and provides a good visual. Kb1chu

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
        Very nice! A step up from a weather rock.

        Greg wrote:

        > Oops, I posted a picture and forgot to include the URL:
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/28973905@N04/3076801835
        > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/28973905@N04/3076801835>

        > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "Greg" <gw33340@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey folks!
        > >
        > > I had a great idea today for an economic wind sock. Also, my wife
        > said
        > > my web cam was dull because it didn't have anything moving in it
        > (that
        > > on top of the lousy picture). Anyways, all that is required is one
        > > fence post (or long stick) and a plastic grocery bag. (I have
        > since
        > > upgraded to a garbage bag, as black shows up better on the web cam).
        > >
        > > Just thought I'd pass along the thought.
        > >
        > > Happy Holidays!
        > >
        > > Greg Whitehead
        > > Euchee, TN
        > >
        > > (Isn't there any way to use a signature here like we do on email?)

      • Rich Brunnworth
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
          AND...... you can get them at Walmart!!! LOL

          Rich

          --
          Rich
        • alrjr2001
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
            LOVE IT:-) Great way to show how plastic bags can be "recycled".

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...> wrote:

            > Hey folks!
            >
            > I had a great idea today for an economic wind sock. Also, my wife said
            > my web cam was dull because it didn't have anything moving in it (that
            > on top of the lousy picture). Anyways, all that is required is one
            > fence post (or long stick) and a plastic grocery bag. (I have since
            > upgraded to a garbage bag, as black shows up better on the web cam).
            >
            > Just thought I'd pass along the thought.
            >
            > Happy Holidays!
            >
            > Greg Whitehead
            > Euchee, TN
            >
            > (Isn't there any way to use a signature here like we do on email?)

          • Rick
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 4, 2008
              I have the Greatest Windsock in the World, Its Bold Its Beautiful, its
              world renown, and I display it with Pride. Take a look...

              www.wapakweather.com

              Rick
              KOHWAPAK!

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 4, 2008
                Ahhh I have one of those as well, everyone should IMNSHO :-)