Re: Davis VP2

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 2, 2008
      OK, after looking at things (I don't have one, I've just been trying
      to do some reading) they have the data link thing because there's so
      many variations downstream of the console. Some want serial, some
      want usb, some want to water their lawn. I suppose this is their
      solution to the differences. HOWEVER, since the cheapest I can find
      one is $118, that makes the low price of the weather station high
      again.

      Sooo, I guess I'm going to be Scrooge-y this year and pass. If they
      threw in the data link (which I think they should) I'd probably go
      for it.

      My OS station is hanging in there, and the Lacrosse 2315 has actually
      been showing some wind today. Maybe they're jealous.

      Anyways, that's the way I see it. Thanks to all for the valuable
      input. It saved me a lot of money and frustration.

      Bah!

      Ebineezer Greg Whitehead
      Euchee, TN
    • Jerry W
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 3, 2008
        I thought about that and it still could be but... the side it is on is for the water heater/ heating system and they don't run very often (use a wood stove mostly.) The vane is on the opposite side from the wood stove vent at least 3' (and 5' above.) I really don't have any other location so I may just have to live with it.