Wind sock

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hey folks!

      I had a great idea today for an economic wind sock. Also, my wife said
      my web cam was dull because it didn't have anything moving in it (that
      on top of the lousy picture). Anyways, all that is required is one
      fence post (or long stick) and a plastic grocery bag. (I have since
      upgraded to a garbage bag, as black shows up better on the web cam).

      Just thought I'd pass along the thought.

      Happy Holidays!

      Greg Whitehead
      Euchee, TN

      (Isn't there any way to use a signature here like we do on email?)
    • Stephen Black
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008

        Include your anemometer in the corner of your webcam shot. It makes a decent movement and provides a good visual. Kb1chu

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
          Oops, I posted a picture and forgot to include the URL:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/28973905@N04/3076801835

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...>
          wrote:

          > Hey folks!
          >
          > I had a great idea today for an economic wind sock. Also, my wife
          said
          > my web cam was dull because it didn't have anything moving in it
          (that
          > on top of the lousy picture). Anyways, all that is required is one
          > fence post (or long stick) and a plastic grocery bag. (I have
          since
          > upgraded to a garbage bag, as black shows up better on the web cam).
          >
          > Just thought I'd pass along the thought.
          >
          > Happy Holidays!
          >
          > Greg Whitehead
          > Euchee, TN
          >
          > (Isn't there any way to use a signature here like we do on email?)

        • Greggo
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
            That would be a good idea.  But I have a very cheap webcam inside looking out the window and my anemometers are on the other side of the house on a 30-foot mast.

            I thought the plastic sack was a cheap solution.

            Include your anemometer in the corner of your webcam shot. It makes a decent movement and provides a good visual. Kb1chu

            I had a great idea today for an economic wind sock. Also, my wife said
            my web cam was dull because it didn't have anything moving in it (that
            on top of the lousy picture). Anyways, all that is required is one
            fence post (or long stick) and a plastic grocery bag. (I have since
            upgraded to a garbage bag, as black shows up better on the web cam).

            Just thought I'd pass along the thought.

            Happy Holidays!

            Greg Whitehead
            Euchee , TN

            (Isn't there any way to use a signature here like we do on email?)

            Greg Whitehead
            Euchee, TN
            CWOP DW0148
            WU KTNEUCHE3
            CoCoRaHS  TN-MS-1
            Weather Underground PWS KTNEUCHE3

          • David Lipper
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
              Very nice! A step up from a weather rock.

              Greg wrote:

              > Oops, I posted a picture and forgot to include the URL:
              >
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/28973905@N04/3076801835
              > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/28973905@N04/3076801835>

              > <mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "Greg" <gw33340@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hey folks!
              > >
              > > I had a great idea today for an economic wind sock. Also, my wife
              > said
              > > my web cam was dull because it didn't have anything moving in it
              > (that
              > > on top of the lousy picture). Anyways, all that is required is one
              > > fence post (or long stick) and a plastic grocery bag. (I have
              > since
              > > upgraded to a garbage bag, as black shows up better on the web cam).
              > >
              > > Just thought I'd pass along the thought.
              > >
              > > Happy Holidays!
              > >
              > > Greg Whitehead
              > > Euchee, TN
              > >
              > > (Isn't there any way to use a signature here like we do on email?)

            • Rich Brunnworth
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
                AND...... you can get them at Walmart!!! LOL

                Rich

                --
                Rich
              • alrjr2001
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 3, 2008
                  LOVE IT:-) Great way to show how plastic bags can be "recycled".

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...> wrote:

                  > Hey folks!
                  >
                  > I had a great idea today for an economic wind sock. Also, my wife said
                  > my web cam was dull because it didn't have anything moving in it (that
                  > on top of the lousy picture). Anyways, all that is required is one
                  > fence post (or long stick) and a plastic grocery bag. (I have since
                  > upgraded to a garbage bag, as black shows up better on the web cam).
                  >
                  > Just thought I'd pass along the thought.
                  >
                  > Happy Holidays!
                  >
                  > Greg Whitehead
                  > Euchee, TN
                  >
                  > (Isn't there any way to use a signature here like we do on email?)

                • Rick
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 4, 2008
                    I have the Greatest Windsock in the World, Its Bold Its Beautiful, its
                    world renown, and I display it with Pride. Take a look...

                    www.wapakweather.com

                    Rick
                    KOHWAPAK!

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 4, 2008
                      Ahhh I have one of those as well, everyone should IMNSHO :-)