Re: Davis VP2

  • kf4orw
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 2, 2008
      I am more confused now because I thought the DAVIS can connect to
      the WEB without the WeatherLink and the WeatherLink was only needed
      if you wanted to establish an upload without a computer, etc. Am I
      wrong? Davis owners....chime in on this subject please.

      ~Michael

      Michael,

      Confusing??? Just wait!

      With a VP2 alone, all you can do is check the wx on the console.

      With Weatherlink, you can tell the world with a computer and internet,

      With WeatherlinkIP, you can tell the world w/o a computer, but direct
      to a router, BUT look at the page you send out=> it actually is
      shipped via internet to Davis who sends out ONE page of your data,
      not all your other stuff the plain Weatherlink can.

      That's my two cents . .

      Bear
      Dade City, Fl
      WU KFLDADEC3
      CWOP AP722
      Skywarn Fl PAS074
    • Jerry W
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 3, 2008
        I thought about that and it still could be but... the side it is on is for the water heater/ heating system and they don't run very often (use a wood stove mostly.) The vane is on the opposite side from the wood stove vent at least 3' (and 5' above.) I really don't have any other location so I may just have to live with it.