Re: Davis VP2

    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 2, 2008
      Davis sells a product called WeatherLinkIP that can upload to the web
      without the use of a computer. As I recall, it comes with it's own
      "logger" that goes inside the Davis console. It connects to your home
      router and can upload to the Davis site as well as Weather Underground
      and CWOP. The last time that I looked in to it, rapid fire was not yet
      supported.

      Greg is correct that the Weatherlink Logger is required to communicate
      with the PC. There is a serial and USB version. The serial offers less
      complication that the USB version that has troubles now and then. I
      would go with the serial.

      If you shop around, you might find a deal where the logger is bundled
      with the station.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
      <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

      > I am more confused now because I thought the DAVIS can connect to
      the WEB without the WeatherLink and the WeatherLink was only needed if
      you wanted to establish an upload without a computer, etc. Am I
      wrong? Davis owners....chime in on this subject please.

      > ~Michael
      >
      > Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
      > www.cookevilleweatherguy.com
      >
      > Personal Weather Station Reporting To:
      > WU: KTNCOOKE10
      > CWOP: CW6361
      > HAMWEATHER: COOKEVILLE
      >
      > CoCoRaHS County Coordinator
      > SKYARN Trained Storm Spotter
      >

      > ↑ Grab this Headline Animator

    • Jerry W
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 3, 2008
        I thought about that and it still could be but... the side it is on is for the water heater/ heating system and they don't run very often (use a wood stove mostly.) The vane is on the opposite side from the wood stove vent at least 3' (and 5' above.) I really don't have any other location so I may just have to live with it.