Re: Davis VP2

  • kf4orw
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2008
      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greggo <gw33340@...>
      wrote:

      > Well folks, I'm confused again!
      >
      > Here's what I read in the Ambient Weather's ad:
      >
      > "For the ultimate in weather monitoring, add WeatherLink to your
      Vantage Pro. The WeatherLink data logger fits neatly into the Vantage
      Pro console, storing your weather data even when the computer is off.
      Transfer data to your PC whenever you like, then use the WeatherLink
      software to create graphs, generate summaries, and more."

      > I don't really understand what this data logger is. Is it
      required before I can connect the weather station to the computer?
      It sounds like it goes inside the weather station.

      > Anybody have one of these and know what it is?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >

      > Greg Whitehead
      > Euchee, TN
      > CWOP DW0148
      > WU KTNEUCHE3
      > CoCoRaHS TN-MS-1

      Oh Greg-o,

      See page 6 of this:
      http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-
      210_GSG_06510_6555.pdf

      Bear
      KFLDADEC#
    • Jerry W
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 3, 2008
        I thought about that and it still could be but... the side it is on is for the water heater/ heating system and they don't run very often (use a wood stove mostly.) The vane is on the opposite side from the wood stove vent at least 3' (and 5' above.) I really don't have any other location so I may just have to live with it.