Re: Ice on the Anemometor

  • petros0022
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2008
      I agree with you Greggo ,the best solution it is a spot light or
      heat lamp near to anemometer

      Best regards from Greece
      Dimitris
      http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greggo <gw33340@...>
      wrote:

      > ROFL, that was the first thing that popped into my head! GMTA
      >
      > But I'm sure he wants a serious answer.
      >
      > I've not had any experience with that, but perhaps an outdoor
      spotlight or heat lamp mounted on the mast close enough for the heat
      to keep it above freezing?

      <sail_junkie@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Any ideas on keeping ice/ snow buildup off my anemometer? Mine
      is on a
      > > mast 10 ft above the roof line.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Jerry
      >

      > Move down here to Florida . . . . what snow!!!??
      >
      > Bear
      > KFLDADEC3
      > CWOP AP722
      >

      > Greg Whitehead
      > Euchee, TN
      > CWOP DW0148
      > WU KTNEUCHE3
      > CoCoRaHS TN-MS-1

    • Jerry W
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 3, 2008
        I thought about that and it still could be but... the side it is on is for the water heater/ heating system and they don't run very often (use a wood stove mostly.) The vane is on the opposite side from the wood stove vent at least 3' (and 5' above.) I really don't have any other location so I may just have to live with it.