More non-existent rainfall

  • Jaye Ellen
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hi again ...

      Once again, my WU rainfall for the day has an extra significant amount of rainfall.  This has happened maybe 6 times in the past and I have NO idea what is causing this.  The rainfall was 0.08 inch then suddenly it jumped to 0.74 inch.  The erroneous amount is usually somewhere around 0.75 inch.  Rainfall is either slight or non existent.  HELP !!!!!!

      Jaye Ellen
      KTNGALLA2
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        You have a moisture leak as I stated before, if you can't find it
        replace the cable and or easier replace the rain box and cable.

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK1
        www.wapakweather.com

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jaye Ellen"
        <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:

        > Hi again ...
        >
        > Once again, my WU rainfall for the day has an extra significant
        amount of
        > rainfall. This has happened maybe 6 times in the past and I have NO
        idea
        > what is causing this. The rainfall was 0.08 inch then suddenly it
        jumped to
        > 0.74 inch. The erroneous amount is usually somewhere around 0.75 inch.
        > Rainfall is either slight or non existent. HELP !!!!!!
        >
        > Jaye Ellen
        > KTNGALLA2

      • Radu Eugen
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          Hello Jaye Ellen, did you observe this rain jump reading on the console or just on the software ? If it is on the console you have to check your rain sensor and cable. If it is on the software you can use WUHU to debug your Heavy Weather. I have for comparison a plastic rain collector used for flower gardening. Greetings, Eugen, Oradea, Romania

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
            Eugen,
            the rainfall also shows on the console.  Nowhere near 0.74 inch fell, yet that was what console showed.  When I look at the measurement listing in WUHU, the numbers for rainfall in no way show that much rainfall, nor does the graphing.  I suppose  could just stop reporting rainfall ...

            Jaye Ellen