Re: WU Webcam Question

  • worf_rb53
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 29, 2008
      I use an older model from linksys that is wireless and it doesn't
      support ftp uploads. I found a program called ActiveCam that works
      very well. It can connect to many different webcams and wireless
      cams. It can run its own web server or it can upload a picture to a
      ftp. But it doesn't seem to play nice with WU, so I have it create a
      snapshot and use WUHU to upload that to WU.
      http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm
      <steve_03222@...> wrote:

      > When I looked at wireless units, I was informed that some or many
      of
      > the wireless ones did not support FTP uploads. I don't know much
      > about these things, but wanted to throw that out into the
      discussion.

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"
      > <alrjr2001@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Probably a better bet (albeit more expensive) would be to use a
      > small
      > > camera thats meant for security monitoring thus it will be
      designed
      > > for outdoor use & dialed in for the lighting & environmental
      > stresses,
      > > heres one on Amazon for example:
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/55wxju
      > >
      > > I'm sure there are some like this that are a little less costly -
      > let
      > > the searching begin:-)
      > >
      > > Arnold In The Smokies
      > > DW1121
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greggo <gw33340@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think the main problem is that we're using the cameras for
      > other
      > > than their intended use. They probably all work great if mounted
      > on
      > > your monitor aimed at you typing. There, there's no extremes in
      > > lighting (like night and day).
      > > >
      > > (SNIP)

    • worf_rb53
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 29, 2008