Monday Evening Dec 1st

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 29, 2008
      Every once in a while, something will appear in the night sky that
      will attract the attention of even those who normally don't bother
      looking up. It's likely to be that way on Monday evening, Dec. 1.

      A slender crescent moon, just 15-percent illuminated, will appear in
      very close proximity to the two brightest planets in our sky, Venus
      and Jupiter.
    • Greggo
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 29, 2008
        One of the few benefits of drought is mainly clear skys.  I've been watching Venus and Jupiter every night on the way home.  It's quite a sight.  If you haven't noticed it yet, look in the evening in the southwest.  It's two really really bright "stars".  Venus is the brightest.

        steve_03222 <steve_03222@...> wrote:
        Every once in a while, something will appear in the night sky that
        will attract the attention of even those who normally don't bother
        looking up. It's likely to be that way on Monday evening, Dec. 1.

        A slender crescent moon, just 15-percent illuminated, will appear in
        very close proximity to the two brightest planets in our sky, Venus
        and Jupiter.

        Greg Whitehead
        Euchee, TN
        CWOP DW0148
        WU KTNEUCHE3
        CoCoRaHS  TN-MS-1

      • Bob Tyszka
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 29, 2008
          I saw the alignment tonight with a sliver of the moon. It was
          really beautiful. May be the Space Shuttle will land tomorrow at
          Edwards AFB.

          Bob Tyszka
          CW9012
          California City, CA

          Greggo wrote:
          > One of the few benefits of drought is mainly clear skys. I've been
          > watching Venus and Jupiter every night on the way home. It's quite a
          > sight. If you haven't noticed it yet, look in the evening in the
          > southwest. It's two really really bright "stars". Venus is the
          > brightest.
          >
          > */steve_03222 <steve_03222@ yahoo.com>/* wrote:
          >
          > Every once in a while, something will appear in the night sky that
          > will attract the attention of even those who normally don't bother
          > looking up. It's likely to be that way on Monday evening, Dec. 1.
          >
          > A slender crescent moon, just 15-percent illuminated, will appear in
          > very close proximity to the two brightest planets in our sky, Venus
          > and Jupiter.
          >

          > Greg Whitehead
          > Euchee, TN
          > CWOP DW0148
          > <http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=dw0148&last12&last=12>
          > WU KTNEUCHE3
          > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNEUCHE3>
          >
          > CoCoRaHS TN-MS-1

        • Rich Brunnworth
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 29, 2008
            Yeah....... and it's cloudy here in Colorado Springs so I can't see a
            thing!!

            Rich

            --
            Rich
          • John Liss
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 29, 2008
              You guys get much snow down in the Springs Rich?

              We only got a couple inches up here in Denver.

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 29, 2008
                We got maybe 1 to 1 1/2 inches Thursday night, and it all melted. Then
                last night we got maybe another quarter to half an inch and it too is gone.

                Rich

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 30, 2008
                  We still have enough to cover the grass.. streets are just wet : ]
                  Currently it is SNOWING !!

                  : ]
                  Love winter time

                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 30, 2008
                    It's been snowing since about 2-3 am. The farther north you go in town
                    the worse it is. I'm near Academy and Constitution and we have 2-3
                    inches and it is still coming down. Streets have melted but are still
                    slushy.

                    --
                    Rich
                  • Jerry W
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 30, 2008
                      I'm in SE Aurora near Centennial- we have about 1 1/2" here. Just flurrying now.

                      --
                      Rich

                    • riko
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 30, 2008
                        Here in Upstate NY it has been snowing all day too. There is only about
                        3 inches on the ground, but we get so much lake effect that nobody
                        really notices unless we get a foot or more.

                        Rich Brunnworth wrote:

                        > It's been snowing since about 2-3 am. The farther north you go in town
                        > the worse it is. I'm near Academy and Constitution and we have 2-3
                        > inches and it is still coming down. Streets have melted but are still
                        > slushy.
                        >
                        > John Liss wrote:
                        > >
                        > > We still have enough to cover the grass.. streets are just wet : ]
                        > > Currently it is SNOWING !!
                        > >
                        > > :
                        > >

                        > --
                        > Rich

                      • riko
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 30, 2008
                          Check out the radar for the area... is that beautiful or what? :)
                          http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=TYX

                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 30, 2008
                            Snow in Central NH also

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, riko <riko@...> wrote:

                            > Check out the radar for the area... is that beautiful or what? :)
                            > http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=TYX
                            >

                            > iko wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Here in Upstate NY it has been snowing all day too. There is
                            only about
                            > > 3 inches on the ground, but we get so much lake effect that
                            nobody
                            > > really notices unless we get a foot or more.
                            > >
                            > > Rich Brunnworth wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > It's been snowing since about 2-3 am. The farther north you go
                            in town
                            > > > the worse it is. I'm near Academy and Constitution and we have
                            2-3
                            > > > inches and it is still coming down. Streets have melted but
                            are still
                            > > > slushy.

                            > > > --
                            > > > Rich

                          • Bob Tyszka
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 1, 2008
                              Ahhh, Rome, NY. Nine months of good skiing and three months of not so
                              good skiing. What memories of my time there.
                              Watched the space shuttle land yesterday, then went home and mowed the
                              lawn. :-)
                              Of course I also spent Saturday patching the leaky roof.

                              Bob Tyszka
                              California City
                              in the Mojave desert