Re: [wuhu_software_group] A New member needs some help

  • Jaye Ellen
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hello John,
      Once the files have been extracted, and install.exe run, the install should be completed in a matter of minutes.  Perhaps there was an error in the download, and you might try another new download.  I just did a download on a computer other than the one where the console is connected (guaranteeing inoperability), but it DID download and tried to run.
      If you do not have a printer defined (whether or not you actually have a printer), you will get errors in teechart.ocx and nothing will work.  In most versions of Windows, you can go to Start, Settings, Printers and create a simple (maybe dot-matrix) printer.  That will be enough to satisfy the program.
      Try this, and let us know what happens.

      Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2

      On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 7:31 AM, steve_03222 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

      This is from John;

      I wrote you a week or so ago and asked some questions about
      downloading and installing the software, hopefully you'll recall. My
      concern was not having a printer that worked. You told me I didn't
      need a physical printer only one installed on the computer,
      hopefully that will ring a bell.
      Anyways I finally got around to downloading the software which came
      down as a .zip file fine. I am trying to install it now, using
      winzip, and seem to be getting nowhere fast. It's been installing
      for the last few hours and nothing else has happened. Is this
      normal? I have exited out of all other applications and still
      nothing.

    • alrjr2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2008
        John - is the .zip file youre talking about the WUHU program or the
        printer driver?

        Arnold In The Smokies
        DW1121