New Equipment

  • M. Maher
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008
      Hi folks,

      I just purchased a Honeywell TE831SW-2, will the WUHU software work
      with this station? I would like to use it to replace my other
      equipment which has been malfunctioning.

      Thanks,

      Marion
    • M. Maher
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008
        Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
        thanks,

        Marion
      • alrjr2001
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008
          Hi Marion - I dont see any Honeywell's listed under the list of
          supported stations for WUHU & a quick search of the groups postings
          resulted in mixed info. one fellow said no it will not work and
          another said it worked with his Honeywell TE923. I'm sure someone else
          has a concrete answer....

          Arnold In The Smokies
          DW1121

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. Maher" <msmaher@...>
          wrote:

          > Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
          > thanks,
          >
          > Marion

        • Radu Eugen
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 21, 2008
            Hi Arnold, Honeywell works in WUHU. Somebody sent me his address but I don't remember it. I was interested in it because it has a UV sensor. Send an invitation for someone who transmits data in WUHU with Honeywell. I coped with the idea of buying such a station considering it's price but then I read a lot about it in different forums and it is not like La Crosse. When I have some bucks put aside I intend to buy a Davis or a Rainwise. Davis has a small advantage, the price and the UV and solar radiation sensor, Rainwise works in harsh conditions and is stable. I would continue the La Crosse odissey, but they don't intend to make it work with UV or solar radiation sensors. I have 4 La Crosse weather stations, 9115, 1600, 2350 and 3600 and now I know what they are capable of.
            Greetings, Eugen, Oradea, Romania

            wrote:

            > Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
            > thanks,
            >
            > Marion

          • alrjr2001
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 22, 2008
              Thanks Eugen - Good to know:-)

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Radu Eugen

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 22, 2008
                Currently WUHU does not support the Honeywell stations in direct
                communication mode. There is support for the TE-923 indirect file
                monitoring mode.

                If this new station does export data to a comma separated file, we
                could probably add support for that.

                I can ask the folks at Honeywell for the protocol information so that
                direct communication support can be added, that is about all I can do.

                For whatever reason, the weather station manufacturers do not release
                the protocol information to the public domain. I guess they feel that
                software could become a support issue although I disagree. More than
                likely, open protocols lead to less support issues since groups like
                this form to provide technical support for free.

                wrote:

                > Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
                > thanks,
                >
                > Marion

              • mtuip
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 30, 2008
                  I got the 831 working in the indirect mode, just need to figure out
                  why one of the sensors keep failing occasionally which will throw off
                  Wuhu. Tomorrow morning I'll swap the 3rd temp sensor with the one
                  outside right now and see if it maybe is just simply a faulty sensor
                  as for the rest it all seems to work nicely on Vista.

                  I'll keep you posted on the progress.

                  Martin

                  > Currently WUHU does not support the Honeywell stations in direct
                  > communication mode. There is support for the TE-923 indirect file
                  > monitoring mode.
                  >
                  > If this new station does export data to a comma separated file, we
                  > could probably add support for that.
                  >
                  > I can ask the folks at Honeywell for the protocol information so that
                  > direct communication support can be added, that is about all I can do.
                  >
                  > For whatever reason, the weather station manufacturers do not release
                  > the protocol information to the public domain. I guess they feel that
                  > software could become a support issue although I disagree. More than
                  > likely, open protocols lead to less support issues since groups like
                  > this form to provide technical support for free.
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. Maher" <msmaher@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
                  > > thanks,
                  > >
                  > > Marion

                • mtuip
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                    The last 24 hours seem to have worked well with the TE831W-2(knocks on
                    wood). I swapped the sensors around and that seemed to have fixed one
                    part. Noticed that my windgauge stopped responding earlier...maybe
                    I'll just swap the batteries to ensure that that isn't the problem there.

                    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWASNOQU13

                    It is successfully reporting to WU ... don't look at the odd
                    windreadings from earlier this month as that was when I configured it :(

                    Martin

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mtuip" <ajax@...> wrote:

                    > I got the 831 working in the indirect mode, just need to figure out
                    > why one of the sensors keep failing occasionally which will throw off
                    > Wuhu. Tomorrow morning I'll swap the 3rd temp sensor with the one
                    > outside right now and see if it maybe is just simply a faulty sensor
                    > as for the rest it all seems to work nicely on Vista.
                    >
                    > I'll keep you posted on the progress.
                    >

                    > Martin

                    > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Currently WUHU does not support the Honeywell stations in direct
                    > > communication mode. There is support for the TE-923 indirect file
                    > > monitoring mode.
                    > >
                    > > If this new station does export data to a comma separated file, we
                    > > could probably add support for that.
                    > >
                    > > I can ask the folks at Honeywell for the protocol information so that
                    > > direct communication support can be added, that is about all I can do.
                    > >
                    > > For whatever reason, the weather station manufacturers do not release
                    > > the protocol information to the public domain. I guess they feel that
                    > > software could become a support issue although I disagree. More than
                    > > likely, open protocols lead to less support issues since groups like
                    > > this form to provide technical support for free.
                    > >

                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. Maher" <msmaher@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
                    > > > thanks,
                    > > >
                    > > > Marion

                  • Josh Maher
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                      I'm almost there with my TE831W-2.... but I can't get past an error I'm getting with the teechart.ocx installation on my Vista Ultimate computer.

                      Anyone else see this? Seemed to install on my work XP computer...

                      - Josh

                      On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 5:46 PM, mtuip <ajax@...> wrote:

                      The last 24 hours seem to have worked well with the TE831W-2(knocks on
                      wood). I swapped the sensors around and that seemed to have fixed one
                      part. Noticed that my windgauge stopped responding earlier...maybe
                      I'll just swap the batteries to ensure that that isn't the problem there.

                      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWASNOQU13

                      It is successfully reporting to WU ... don't look at the odd
                      windreadings from earlier this month as that was when I configured it :(

                      Martin

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mtuip" <ajax@...> wrote:

                      > I got the 831 working in the indirect mode, just need to figure out
                      > why one of the sensors keep failing occasionally which will throw off
                      > Wuhu. Tomorrow morning I'll swap the 3rd temp sensor with the one
                      > outside right now and see if it maybe is just simply a faulty sensor
                      > as for the rest it all seems to work nicely on Vista.
                      >
                      > I'll keep you posted on the progress.
                      >

                      > Martin

                      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Currently WUHU does not support the Honeywell stations in direct
                      > > communication mode. There is support for the TE-923 indirect file
                      > > monitoring mode.
                      > >
                      > > If this new station does export data to a comma separated file, we
                      > > could probably add support for that.
                      > >
                      > > I can ask the folks at Honeywell for the protocol information so that
                      > > direct communication support can be added, that is about all I can do.
                      > >
                      > > For whatever reason, the weather station manufacturers do not release
                      > > the protocol information to the public domain. I guess they feel that
                      > > software could become a support issue although I disagree. More than
                      > > likely, open protocols lead to less support issues since groups like
                      > > this form to provide technical support for free.
                      > >

                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. Maher" <msmaher@>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
                      > > > thanks,
                      > > >
                      > > > Marion

                    • Jaye Ellen
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                        Josh,
                        Do you have a printer configured on your Vista computer?  WUHU software has to have a printer defined.  There's no need to actually HAVE a printer, but one has to be defined!

                        Happy New Year!

                        Jaye Ellen
                        On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Josh Maher <josh.maher@...> wrote:

                        I'm almost there with my TE831W-2.... but I can't get past an error I'm getting with the teechart.ocx installation on my Vista Ultimate computer.

                        Anyone else see this? Seemed to install on my work XP computer...

                        - Josh

                        On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 5:46 PM, mtuip <ajax@...> wrote:

                        The last 24 hours seem to have worked well with the TE831W-2(knocks on
                        wood). I swapped the sensors around and that seemed to have fixed one
                        part. Noticed that my windgauge stopped responding earlier...maybe
                        I'll just swap the batteries to ensure that that isn't the problem there.

                        http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWASNOQU13

                        It is successfully reporting to WU ... don't look at the odd
                        windreadings from earlier this month as that was when I configured it :(

                        Martin

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mtuip" <ajax@...> wrote:

                        > I got the 831 working in the indirect mode, just need to figure out
                        > why one of the sensors keep failing occasionally which will throw off
                        > Wuhu. Tomorrow morning I'll swap the 3rd temp sensor with the one
                        > outside right now and see if it maybe is just simply a faulty sensor
                        > as for the rest it all seems to work nicely on Vista.
                        >
                        > I'll keep you posted on the progress.
                        >

                        > Martin

                        > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Currently WUHU does not support the Honeywell stations in direct
                        > > communication mode. There is support for the TE-923 indirect file
                        > > monitoring mode.
                        > >
                        > > If this new station does export data to a comma separated file, we
                        > > could probably add support for that.
                        > >
                        > > I can ask the folks at Honeywell for the protocol information so that
                        > > direct communication support can be added, that is about all I can do.
                        > >
                        > > For whatever reason, the weather station manufacturers do not release
                        > > the protocol information to the public domain. I guess they feel that
                        > > software could become a support issue although I disagree. More than
                        > > likely, open protocols lead to less support issues since groups like
                        > > this form to provide technical support for free.
                        > >

                        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. Maher" <msmaher@>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Sorry, typo!!! That should be a Honeywell TE831W-2 (delete the S),
                        > > > thanks,
                        > > >
                        > > > Marion

                      • Josh Maher
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                          yeah, a few printers on the computer... anyone else get it to work on Vista Ultimate?

                          - Josh

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
                            There are a couple issues with running WUHU under Vista.

                            Firstly, I have encountered a problem reported by users where ActiveX
                            controls are not allowed by default, you have to configure Vista to
                            allow these applications to run. Google Vista and ActiveX and I am
                            sure you will find the instructions.

                            This move to disable ActiveX controls by default is apparently a MS
                            attempt to improve security. Interestingly ActiveX is their own
                            creation, go figure.

                            Secondly, the application must have access rights to the C:\Program
                            Files\WUHU directory. This step may be needed as the INI file is
                            located there.

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Maher"

                            wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

                            wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

                            I can

                            More than

                            wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

                          • mtuip
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
                              I have got it to run on Vista ultimate.

                              <josh.maher@...> wrote:

                              > yeah, a few printers on the computer... anyone else get it to work
                              on Vista
                              > Ultimate?
                              > - Josh
                              >

                              > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > Josh,
                              > > Do you have a printer configured on your Vista computer? WUHU
                              software has
                              > > to have a printer defined. There's no need to actually HAVE a
                              printer, but
                              > > one has to be defined!
                              > >
                              > > Happy New Year!
                              > >
                              > > Jaye Ellen
                              > > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Josh Maher <josh.maher@...>
                              wrote:

                              > >> I'm almost there with my TE831W-2.... but I can't get past an
                              error I'm
                              > >> getting with the teechart.ocx installation on my Vista Ultimate
                              computer.

                              > >> Anyone else see this? Seemed to install on my work XP computer...
                              > >>
                              > >> - Josh

                              ID=KWASNOQU13

                              wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%
                              40yahoogroups.com>,

                              More than

                              wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group%
                              40yahoogroups.com>,

                            • Josh Maher
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
                                Did you run into any problems with installing teechart.ocx? I keep getting an error 271.

                                I've enabled the activex installer service, turned off uac, and ensured a printer was available... Still no luck :(

                                <josh.maher@ ...> wrote:

                                > yeah, a few printers on the computer... anyone else get it to work
                                on Vista
                                > Ultimate?
                                > - Josh
                                >

                                > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Jaye Ellen <jaye.ellen@ ...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Josh,
                                > > Do you have a printer configured on your Vista computer? WUHU
                                software has
                                > > to have a printer defined. There's no need to actually HAVE a
                                printer, but
                                > > one has to be defined!
                                > >
                                > > Happy New Year!
                                > >
                                > > Jaye Ellen
                                > > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Josh Maher <josh.maher@ ...>
                                wrote:

                                > >> I'm almost there with my TE831W-2.... but I can't get past an
                                error I'm
                                > >> getting with the teechart.ocx installation on my Vista Ultimate
                                computer.

                                > >> Anyone else see this? Seemed to install on my work XP computer...
                                > >>
                                > >> - Josh

                                ID=KWASNOQU13

                                wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com<wuhu_software_ group%
                                40yahoogroups. com>,

                                More than

                                wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com<wuhu_software_ group%
                                40yahoogroups. com>,

                                ily: Arial; font-weight: bold; color: #628c2a; font-size: 100%; line-height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; } #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{ margin: 0; } o{font-size: 0; } .MsoNormal{ margin: 0 0 0 0; } #ygrp-text tt{ font-size: 120%; } blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;} .replbq{margin:4} -->ml>
                              • mtuip
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
                                  Nope .. the only thing I'm getting is that occasionally the sensors
                                  stop responding. the 100' range isn't exactly correct as you have to
                                  keep the main unit much closer to the sensors.

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                                    This might be a dumb question but are one of those printers selected
                                    as the 'Default Printer'? You might want to double check within the
                                    control panel. Also, you might try selecting a different printer as
                                    the 'Default' just in case that makes a difference.