Re: Wind sensor modification

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2008
      Generally, the USB to serial adapters are not part of the bogus wind
      speed problem. If you have a bad USB to serial adapter, it will lock
      up windows or refuse to communicate to the station.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "R. Shane" <Rob.Shane@...>
      wrote:

      > Just a quick question about the modification. When the cable is
      replaced is there any reason why the cable can't be shortened from the
      10m that it is now. I need no where near as much cable as I have.

      > Also, until I get the chance to change out the cable, what is the
      best way to deal with the excess? Right now I have it looped several
      times up and down one of my tower supports.

      > I also understand from reading post here that some of the erratic
      high wind speed readings can come from a bad USB to serial connector.
      Does using a computer that has a serial port eliminate this. I have
      tried several connectors get I still get these erratic readings.