What Are The Lacrosse 2310 Com Port Interface Commands

  • Tom Swift
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008
      Well I'm sitting down in VB6 finally to figure out how to communicate
      from VB6 with my Lacrosse 2310. I have worked with com programs before
      using modems and their documented Hex com commands. However where do I
      find the documentation on the Lacrosse 2310 commands ? Can you point
      me in the right direction on how to query and program this interface ?
      I have basically started with this code just for a starting point
      using the same controls.

      http://www.programmers-corner.com/sourcecode/111

      Could you possibly send me all you have on
      this subject so I can get started writing some VB6 software for this
      interface.
    • robreab
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008
        Just did some googleing and found this:

        http://search.cpan.org/~esm/Device-LaCrosse-WS23xx-0.06/

        It's perl-based but some of the memory map info may be useful to you.
        Also, I assume you've looked at Open2300? I don't know your specific
        goals but it might also be something to look at. - Rob

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Swift"
        <egore2003@...> wrote:

        > Well I'm sitting down in VB6 finally to figure out how to
        communicate
        > from VB6 with my Lacrosse 2310. I have worked with com programs
        before
        > using modems and their documented Hex com commands. However where
        do I
        > find the documentation on the Lacrosse 2310 commands ? Can you
        point
        > me in the right direction on how to query and program this
        interface ?
        > I have basically started with this code just for a starting point
        > using the same controls.
        >
        > http://www.programmers-corner.com/sourcecode/111
        >
        > Could you possibly send me all you have on
        > this subject so I can get started writing some VB6 software for
        this
        > interface.

      • Dickie Bradford
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008