Re: Thanks for the great program - Programming in VB6 & JavaScript.

  • Tom Swift
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      I would realy like to work on a VB6 front end that I could realy go
      nuts customising. I have been studying the NWS's servers and data
      for going on 6 years now. So if I could figure out how to import the
      data into VB6 their wouldnt be any bounderys. I realy dont want to
      be stuck acessing the log from Heavy Goof to do it. All I work in is
      HTML,XML,JavaScript,VBScript & VB6. But I can even work arrays in
      VB6. Been working in it off and on for going on 5 years now. Is
      their possibly a MSI DLL we could write a VB6 wrapper for or
      something? You know their are more VB6 programmers. It would be real
      popular. Not to mention their is lots of custom guage controls under
      VB6 at Planet Source Code. What I didnt like was the poor form
      control in Heavy Weather. That thing looks like a thrown together
      mess. I did start a mod of my XML NWS feed reader for my Underground
      feed. Check it out here:
      http://www.tas-independent-programming.com/LiveWXUnderground.htm

      It still has a lot of info feilds missing. But their is enough code
      to serve as a basic example. Its running thru a PHP proxy server so
      their isnt any browser securety issue.

      Thomas A. Swift
      Programmer & Webmaster of