Thanks for the great program, new station KAZAPACH11 now operational.

  • Tom Swift
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      Just wanted to say thanks for the great program and introduce myself.
      Is this program written in VB6 by chance? If so I would be more than
      willing to do some developing if someone can share the API ect with
      me. MY station is a WS-2310 I bought used off EBay had to repair all
      the sensor cables and build the serial interface cable from scratch.
      So if anyone needs help with pin-outs or anything on the WS-2310 feel
      free to contact me.

      From the depths of the EBay junk pile.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260303875012
      To resurrection at my ham shack.
      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
      ID=KAZAPACH11

      Thomas A. Swift
      Programmer & Webmaster of
      TAS Independent Programming
      http://www.tas-independent-programming.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
        Tom,

        Welcome to the group.

        The program is written in Visual C++ using MFC.

        A couple areas that I would encourage work in:

        1) Some type of nice real-time gauges for personal web pages, maybe
        using AJAX or .Net. If you know how to do that stuff, let me know.

        2) A text based NOAA style text based report generator that using
        history files as input. It can be a simple command line program with
        no user interface.

        That is about all I can think of at the moment.

        If you have any other ideas for add-ons or utilities, let me know.

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Swift"

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
          Tom,
          welcome aboard !!!!!!
        • Tom Swift
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
            I would realy like to work on a VB6 front end that I could realy go
            nuts customising. I have been studying the NWS's servers and data
            for going on 6 years now. So if I could figure out how to import the
            data into VB6 their wouldnt be any bounderys. I realy dont want to
            be stuck acessing the log from Heavy Goof to do it. All I work in is
            HTML,XML,JavaScript,VBScript & VB6. But I can even work arrays in
            VB6. Been working in it off and on for going on 5 years now. Is
            their possibly a MSI DLL we could write a VB6 wrapper for or
            something? You know their are more VB6 programmers. It would be real
            popular. Not to mention their is lots of custom guage controls under
            VB6 at Planet Source Code. What I didnt like was the poor form
            control in Heavy Weather. That thing looks like a thrown together
            mess. I did start a mod of my XML NWS feed reader for my Underground
            feed. Check it out here:
            http://www.tas-independent-programming.com/LiveWXUnderground.htm

            It still has a lot of info feilds missing. But their is enough code
            to serve as a basic example. Its running thru a PHP proxy server so
            their isnt any browser securety issue.