Re: weather station selection help - How I checked mine

  • Tom Swift
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2008
      The way I checked mine is I took the manual one in the house and
      filled the inside tube full to 1" then slowly pored it into my
      sensor. Mine being the WS-2310 it was a little stingy registering
      only .60 of an inch but a little spilled to.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Greggo <gw33340@...>
      wrote:

      > A very simple way to check the accuracy of your rain gauge is to
      set a "manual" one beside it and check the results. I am a member
      of CoCoRaHS (the title is long, but you can to to the web site to
      see it). It's a national rain collecting and reporting effort.
      Anyways, to make a long story short (I know, it's too late for
      that), you can get a manual rain gauge here:

      > http://www.weatheryourway.com/cocorahs/rgcoco.htm
      >
      > It will hold 11" of rain (lately all mine has been collecting is
      dust because of the drought). But it will tell you the accuracy of
      your electronic rain gauge.

      > Greg Whitehead
      > Euchee, TN
      > CWOP DW0148
      >

      > Rob Reab <robreab@...> wrote:
      > I recently purchased a La Crosse ws-2317 on Amazon
      for 99.99. I'm pretty happy with it. Some issues with erratic wind
      direction readings and not sure about the accuracy of the rain gauge
      on mine, but overall, I'm happy for the price. I have it running
      WUHU as a service on my file server. Still running wireless although
      I may change that.