Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: La Crosse 5310 console

  • Greggo
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      To elaborate, I am running a 2315 and an OS WMR968.  Both units interfeared with each other and the computer interfeared with both of therm.  They're kind of like little kids.  Sometimes you have so separate them and sent them to different corners!  :)

      Greg Whitehead
      Euchee, TN
      CWOP DW0148

      wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      That is entirely possible. If you are running in wireless mode (no
      wire between remote thermo and the console), try moving the console as
      far away from the computer (and monitor) as possible.

      Ideally, have the back of the console facing the remote thermo, in a
      vertical position. The antennas for both the remote thermo and the
      WWVB radio signal are just under the backside of the console.

      --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "mikediannemolly"
      <mclayton1@. ..> wrote:

      > I keep receiving:communica tions error or invalied/corrupt data
      > retrived from console.Reception is very intermitent. Reception seems
      > to be better at night.Could my console be to close to my computer?
      >
      > Thanks,Mike

    • Bob Tyszka
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        I have a WS-2308 operating in wireless mode. The desktop computer
        is on an old computer stand underneath the console. The CPU is on the
        bottom of the stand and the monitor is on top of the stand. The monitor
        is off to the side, as much as possible, so the heat does not go up to
        the console. The computer transmits the wx data to the router
        wirelessly from antenna on top of the monitor. I have not had any
        problem with interference. The only problem was when the computer
        rebooted the other day while I was out of town and Heavt Weather and
        WUHU did not start.

        Bob Tyszka
        KCACALIF05