Re: La Crosse 5310 console

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      That is entirely possible. If you are running in wireless mode (no
      wire between remote thermo and the console), try moving the console as
      far away from the computer (and monitor) as possible.

      Ideally, have the back of the console facing the remote thermo, in a
      vertical position. The antennas for both the remote thermo and the
      WWVB radio signal are just under the backside of the console.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mikediannemolly"
      <mclayton1@...> wrote:

      > I keep receiving:communications error or invalied/corrupt data
      > retrived from console.Reception is very intermitent.Reception seems
      > to be better at night.Could my console be to close to my computer?
      >
      > Thanks,Mike

    • Greggo

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
          To elaborate, I am running a 2315 and an OS WMR968.  Both units interfeared with each other and the computer interfeared with both of therm.  They're kind of like little kids.  Sometimes you have so separate them and sent them to different corners!  :)

          Greg Whitehead
          Euchee, TN
          CWOP DW0148

          <mclayton1@. ..> wrote:

          > I keep receiving:communica tions error or invalied/corrupt data
          > retrived from console.Reception is very intermitent. Reception seems
          > to be better at night.Could my console be to close to my computer?
          >
          > Thanks,Mike

        • Bob Tyszka
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
            I have a WS-2308 operating in wireless mode. The desktop computer
            is on an old computer stand underneath the console. The CPU is on the
            bottom of the stand and the monitor is on top of the stand. The monitor
            is off to the side, as much as possible, so the heat does not go up to
            the console. The computer transmits the wx data to the router
            wirelessly from antenna on top of the monitor. I have not had any
            problem with interference. The only problem was when the computer
            rebooted the other day while I was out of town and Heavt Weather and
            WUHU did not start.

            Bob Tyszka
            KCACALIF05