La Crosse 5310 console

  • mikediannemolly
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      I keep receiving:communications error or invalied/corrupt data
      retrived from console.Reception is very intermitent.Reception seems
      to be better at night.Could my console be to close to my computer?

      Thanks,Mike
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        That is entirely possible. If you are running in wireless mode (no
        wire between remote thermo and the console), try moving the console as
        far away from the computer (and monitor) as possible.

        Ideally, have the back of the console facing the remote thermo, in a
        vertical position. The antennas for both the remote thermo and the
        WWVB radio signal are just under the backside of the console.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mikediannemolly"
        <mclayton1@...> wrote:

        > I keep receiving:communications error or invalied/corrupt data
        > retrived from console.Reception is very intermitent.Reception seems
        > to be better at night.Could my console be to close to my computer?
        >
        > Thanks,Mike

      • Greggo

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
            To elaborate, I am running a 2315 and an OS WMR968.  Both units interfeared with each other and the computer interfeared with both of therm.  They're kind of like little kids.  Sometimes you have so separate them and sent them to different corners!  :)

            Greg Whitehead
            Euchee, TN
            CWOP DW0148

            <mclayton1@. ..> wrote:

            > I keep receiving:communica tions error or invalied/corrupt data
            > retrived from console.Reception is very intermitent. Reception seems
            > to be better at night.Could my console be to close to my computer?
            >
            > Thanks,Mike

          • Bob Tyszka
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
              I have a WS-2308 operating in wireless mode. The desktop computer
              is on an old computer stand underneath the console. The CPU is on the
              bottom of the stand and the monitor is on top of the stand. The monitor
              is off to the side, as much as possible, so the heat does not go up to
              the console. The computer transmits the wx data to the router
              wirelessly from antenna on top of the monitor. I have not had any
              problem with interference. The only problem was when the computer
              rebooted the other day while I was out of town and Heavt Weather and
              WUHU did not start.

              Bob Tyszka
              KCACALIF05