Re: New Installation WUHU not updating

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2008
      John,

      Are you using Windows 98? File monitoring mode (HW -> currdat.lst ->
      WUHU) is supported using Windows 2000 or better. If you are using 98,
      you must use direct serial mode (HW is not used and must be terminated).

      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KILDEWEY1
      > "
      >
      > and that's a valid account. The big symptom is that the WUHU screen
      > shows OFL for all current values and "?" for all other values. The
      > gauges screen shows all zeros.
      >
      > I know the currdat.lst file is where it should be and is formatted
      > correctly. Any suggestions on why WUHU can't find it or read it?
      > There's nothing in the WUHU log that helps me, though it's set to log
      > web service, WU uploads, and FTP transfers at present.
      >
      > In the interest of completeness, I don't think it's related, but I do
      > have a firewall to go through. However, the firewall log shows no
      > attempt to access WU through it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > John

    • kc0uu
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2008
        Thanks Steve.
        I'm using HeavyWeather and not direct serial mode.
        The path to the currdat.lst file sure looks correct, since I can paste
        that file url from WUHU directly into a text editor and load the file
        there.

        I included a copy of everyhting in the WUHU log file in my first post
        (it's appended below).

        I'm stumped<G>.

        John

        <steve_03222@...> wrote:

        > John,
        > Are you set up in direct serial mode?
        > If so, Heavy Weather needs to be shut down before starting WUHU.
        > If not, might want to double check the path to the currdat.lst file.
        > You can check everything in the WUHU log, for starters you should
        > post results in this forum.
        > Important to check the box for "show comm errors".
        >
        > Lots of helpful people here, someone should be able to get you going.
        >
        > Steve
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "kc0uu" <jmccain@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > First, Thanks for the group, I'm sure I'll be using this resource a
        > > bit before I'm able to contribute anything. My first real problem
        > has
        > > me stumped but I feel that it's something so simple I'm
        > overlooking it.
        > >
        > > I've installed the LaCrosse 2315 and Heavyweather beta 2. That
        > works
        > > fine running on an XP machine.
        > >
        > > I then installed Heavyweather publisher. That works fine pushing
        > > images to my local web pages.
        > >
        > > I then installed WUHU, and the install went fine, but I can't get
        > it
        > > to do retrieve any data. I want this to upload to WU. The WU
        > account
        > > was used by my old system (now gone). My troubleshooting so far:
        > >
        > > I looked at the currdat.lst file. It looks OK in an editor as
        > well as
        > > working for the HW publisher.
        > >
        > > WUHU log shows:
        > > "Tue Oct 28 16:19:20 2008 > WUHU Application Started (1, 0, 216,
        > 60)
        > > Tue Oct 28 16:19:20 2008 > WUHU monitoring started (WUHU216HW).
        > > Tue Oct 28 16:19:20 2008 > Weather Underground ID: KILDEWEY1
        > > Tue Oct 28 16:19:20 2008 > Weather Underground URL:
        > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
        > ID=KILDEWEY1
        > > "
        > >
        > > and that's a valid account. The big symptom is that the WUHU
        > screen
        > > shows OFL for all current values and "?" for all other values. The
        > > gauges screen shows all zeros.
        > >
        > > I know the currdat.lst file is where it should be and is formatted
        > > correctly. Any suggestions on why WUHU can't find it or read it?
        > > There's nothing in the WUHU log that helps me, though it's set to
        > log
        > > web service, WU uploads, and FTP transfers at present.
        > >
        > > In the interest of completeness, I don't think it's related, but I
        > do
        > > have a firewall to go through. However, the firewall log shows no
        > > attempt to access WU through it.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > John

      • kc0uu
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2008
          I'm using XP (and I tried it on an XP-PRO machine) to no avail. I'd
          like to continue using HW_Publisher in conjunction with WUHU, as
          thatt's a convenient way to put the graphic on my web page.

          Still stumped,
          Thanks,
          John