Re: Error message

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
      This has happened since the last post:

      Thu Oct 16 09:38:20 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
      Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
      seconds.
      Thu Oct 16 09:53:18 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
      Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
      seconds.
      Thu Oct 16 10:03:18 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
      Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
      seconds.
      Thu Oct 16 10:13:17 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
      Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
      seconds.

      Besides these messages, the systems seem to be operating normally.
    • Greggo

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
          Look at the leftmost column in the stats area.

          Does the temperature and humidity show OFL?

          It would appear that the remote sensor is not reporting in after 5
          mins, in which case the data set is considered not valid. Until all
          sensors are reporting in withing the 5 minute time frame, data is not
          uploaded.

          You might want to check your batteries.

          Did you recently relocate the sensor?

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
            Hmmm.  Where to start?

            No OFL in the windows.  I have since changed the 968 to FreeWX-WI and it is working fine.

            I have went back to the La Crosse 2115 on the WUHU and it is working fine.

            I donno.  <shrug>

            I wanted to use the 968 because, even though the humidity sensor is crap, the wind is more sensetive.  I figured I could tweak the humidity in WUHU to where it was passible.  FreeWX doesn't allow that much of a tweak.

            If you're interested, you can see how each is currently working:

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 17, 2008
              The only thing that I can think of is that Free Wx is running with the
              last report from the temperature sensor and is not reporting if the
              sensor fails to report after a period of time. As I said before, WUHU
              will generate that log message if the sensor fails to report in after
              5 mins. I think it is supposed to report in every minute.

              Since this situation seems to be unique to your station, that is my guess.

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 17, 2008
                Oops. Loose cable. My bad. Sorry.

                http://mail.yahoo.com