Re: [wuhu_software_group] Error message

  • Greggo
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
      Oops.  One of the links didn't do right in the post.  This is it corrected:

      CWOP

      Greg <gw33340@...> wrote:
      I am running desktop computer with XP and an OS WMR968 into a serial
      port and running WUHU in that direct mode.

      That said, I have been getting an odd error message lately. I
      rebooted the computer this morning and restarted the weather
      program. This is the log with the error message:

      Thu Oct 16 05:45:25 2008 > Opened serial port COM4 successfully.
      Thu Oct 16 08:14:28 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and Humidity Sensor -
      Did not receive update within 300 seconds.

      It seems to be transmitting the information correctly to the
      different places (CWOP, WU, etc.). The weather station seems to be
      operating normally.

      http://www.wundergr ound.com/ weatherstation/ WXDailyHistory. asp?
      ID=KTNEUCHE3

      http://www.findu. com/cgi-bin/ wxpage.cgi? call=dw0148& last12&last= 12

      Anybody have any ideas?

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
        This has happened since the last post:

        Thu Oct 16 09:38:20 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
        Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
        seconds.
        Thu Oct 16 09:53:18 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
        Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
        seconds.
        Thu Oct 16 10:03:18 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
        Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
        seconds.
        Thu Oct 16 10:13:17 2008 > Outdoor Temperature and
        Humidity Sensor - Did not receive update within 300
        seconds.

        Besides these messages, the systems seem to be operating normally.
      • Greggo

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
            Look at the leftmost column in the stats area.

            Does the temperature and humidity show OFL?

            It would appear that the remote sensor is not reporting in after 5
            mins, in which case the data set is considered not valid. Until all
            sensors are reporting in withing the 5 minute time frame, data is not
            uploaded.

            You might want to check your batteries.

            Did you recently relocate the sensor?

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 16, 2008
              Hmmm.  Where to start?

              No OFL in the windows.  I have since changed the 968 to FreeWX-WI and it is working fine.

              I have went back to the La Crosse 2115 on the WUHU and it is working fine.

              I donno.  <shrug>

              I wanted to use the 968 because, even though the humidity sensor is crap, the wind is more sensetive.  I figured I could tweak the humidity in WUHU to where it was passible.  FreeWX doesn't allow that much of a tweak.

              If you're interested, you can see how each is currently working:

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 17, 2008
                The only thing that I can think of is that Free Wx is running with the
                last report from the temperature sensor and is not reporting if the
                sensor fails to report after a period of time. As I said before, WUHU
                will generate that log message if the sensor fails to report in after
                5 mins. I think it is supposed to report in every minute.

                Since this situation seems to be unique to your station, that is my guess.

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 17, 2008
                  Oops. Loose cable. My bad. Sorry.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com