Re: I have searched through OFL postings and the manual and not had luck....

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2008
      Rob,

      The OFL means that WUHU could not get the data from the console after
      several attempts.

      The most probable cause is the USB to serial adapter. Many of these
      adapters have either a bad Windows driver, cheap hardware, or a
      combination of both.

      There is one adapter that I have tested and it works well. Go to
      newegg.com and type in "iogear serial" in their search engine to see
      the adapter. I have tested it and it works well with the latest driver
      from their site.

      You might be able to mask out the 14.1 reading by entering the wind
      speed 'ignore bad wind readings' in the tweak screen. If you see 14.1
      from a particular direction, you can ignore only that wind speed and
      wind direction reading.

      The bogus wind speeds are caused by noise in the data between the
      remote thermo and the console or noise between the remote thermo and
      the wind sensor.

      If you are running wirelessly between the console and the remote
      therm, you can try to relocate the console so it is closer to the
      remote thermo.

      For the wiring between the remote thermo and the wind sensor, make
      sure that the wire is secure and not moving in breeze. The friction
      can create static electricity that generates the bad data.

      There is also a solution to replace the cheap telephone cord with a
      CAT 5 cable that reduces the susceptibility to noise. There is a link
      to the instructions under the links section of the group.