Re: Running Wuhu as a service

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 11, 2008
      I have to concur, I would also prefer & would have purchased a made in
      the USA Davis station but right now I cant justify the cost. I had a
      $100 gift card for Amazon so the 2317 was a no brainer. I had a couple
      of issues so far but La Crosse came through with good customer service
      so at this time I'm happy with the unit overall:-)

      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
      <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

      > Joe:
      >
      > In that price range, it is a workhorse.
      >
      > I've had one since June 2006 (Father's Day) and it has worked just
      fine. Run it on Wunderground since July 2006 and it hasn't missed one
      single day (other than when my internet service was acting up).

      > Is the wind speed as sensitive as I'd like it? NO...is the
      electronic rain gauge as accurate as I'd like it? NO....but as
      inexpensive as they are, they work quite well.....

      > Personally, I'd rather have a top-of-the-line Davis system with all
      the bells and whistles. Until I either purchase one or get blessed
      with one, I'll stick to the 2317, it has performed quite
      admirably...oh, and I'm on my first set of batteries.