Template file not being expanded

  • Joel Lagerquist
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
      After having FreeWx crash another time I recently switched to WUHU. I
      am now trying to modify my web pages with the variables in the
      template files.

      I am using this version of WUHU with my Oregon Scientific WMR968
      (1, 0, 216, 60) Refreshed 9-21-2008, 10:00 AM EST)

      [is there a way to find the version number from the program? I could
      not find it]

      If I use the section/name variables nothing is expanded. If I use the
      simple variable names, they are expanded.

      The simple ones are listed in the help file. The section/name ones
      are listed in the csv.txt file in the examples.zip file.

      When do the section/name variables work? Are there more of the simple
      variables if section/name ones don't work in this version?

      Thanks,
      Joel

      www.lagerquist.com/weather
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
        Joel,

        When the program starts, it writes the version to the log. There is
        also a drop down menu if you click the little tiny box at the upper
        left of the screen then select about.

        To use the section/name variables, you must be writing a currdat.lst
        file and also have the option checked to write extended data. These
        options are all down in the general settings area. You have to hit
        Stop before you can make changes. After making changes, hit Start to
        resume processing.

        After you are writing the currdat.lst file, you can open it open with
        notepad and see the contents. It is just a text file in an INI file
        format.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joel Lagerquist"
        <joel@...> wrote:

        > After having FreeWx crash another time I recently switched to WUHU. I
        > am now trying to modify my web pages with the variables in the
        > template files.
        >
        > I am using this version of WUHU with my Oregon Scientific WMR968
        > (1, 0, 216, 60) Refreshed 9-21-2008, 10:00 AM EST)
        >
        > [is there a way to find the version number from the program? I could
        > not find it]
        >
        > If I use the section/name variables nothing is expanded. If I use the
        > simple variable names, they are expanded.
        >
        > The simple ones are listed in the help file. The section/name ones
        > are listed in the csv.txt file in the examples.zip file.
        >
        > When do the section/name variables work? Are there more of the simple
        > variables if section/name ones don't work in this version?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Joel
        >
        > www.lagerquist.com/weather

      • Joel Lagerquist
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2008
          Thanks for the quick response.

          This does indeed work. Thanks!

          Any thought of supporting the extra three sensors on the WMR968?

          Joel