Re: Running Wuhu as a service

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2008
      Check out "wuhuservice.zip - WUHU As Service by John Liss." in the
      files section.

      That might work under 2003 server, John could probably tell you for sure.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "robreab" <robreab@...> wrote:

      > Just getting in to the weather station business. I'm wondering if wuhu
      > can be run as a service under Windows 2003 server? I've got a server
      > set up and running for multiple uses (Web/voip/email/backup server).
      > Since it's already running all the time, backed up and on a ups, I'd
      > like to use it as my "weather server"
      >
      > I don't even have my station set up yet. It's a La Crosse WS-2317. What
      > would be my best option for software based on this situation?

    • joe Sulk

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2008

          Joe:

          In that price range, it is a workhorse.

          I've had one since June 2006 (Father's Day) and it has worked just fine.  Run it on Wunderground since July 2006 and it hasn't missed one single day (other than when my internet service was acting up).

          Is the wind speed as sensitive as I'd like it?  NO...is the electronic rain gauge as accurate as I'd like it?  NO....but as inexpensive as they are, they work quite well.....

          Personally, I'd rather have a top-of-the-line Davis system with all the bells and whistles.  Until I either purchase one or get blessed with one, I'll stick to the 2317, it has performed quite admirably...oh, and I'm on my first set of batteries.

          Definitely wouldn't call it a "piece of crap"....

          Sincerely,
          Michael D.

          Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
          www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

          Personal Weather Station Reporting To:
          WU: KTNCOOKE10
          CWOP: CW6361
          HAMWEATHER: COOKEVILLE

          CoCoRaHS County Coordinator
          SKYARN Trained Storm Spotter

          The Weather Guy

          &uarr; Grab this Headline Animator

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2008

            It’s  specs are hard to beat at the price I got it for. Readings are all in line with others in my area. I had it up and running and downloading to Wunderground, AWEKAS,CWOP in one evening. Still listed on La Crosse web site as a current product. By the way, it shipped from La Crosse, WI

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 10, 2008
              My guess is that there is little internal difference (if any) between
              the WS-2308, WS-2310, WS-2315, WS-2317. etc, other than the console
              styling.

                wrote:

                > It's specs are hard to beat at the price I got it for. Readings are
                all in
                > line with others in my area. I had it up and running and downloading to
                > Wunderground, AWEKAS,CWOP in one evening. Still listed on La Crosse
                web site
                > as a current product. By the way, it shipped from La Crosse, WI

              • alrjr2001
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 11, 2008
                  I have to concur, I would also prefer & would have purchased a made in
                  the USA Davis station but right now I cant justify the cost. I had a
                  $100 gift card for Amazon so the 2317 was a no brainer. I had a couple
                  of issues so far but La Crosse came through with good customer service
                  so at this time I'm happy with the unit overall:-)

                  Arnold In The Smokies
                  DW1121

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler