Re: Install and running problems

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008
      John,

      Look in to allowing ActiveX controls under Vista.

      I believe, by default, Vista prohibits ActiveX controls.

      That is a bit of a knee slapper since Microsoft has been dragging
      ActiveX (aka OLE, aka COM, aka OCX) along for well over a decade but
      now prohibits it's use by default.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John J aka Mr. Scuba"
      <fluidone@...> wrote:

      > I'm running Vista home premium and a La Cross 3610 with direct serial
      > connection. I rebooted the other day and WUHU errored out on loading
      > at start-up with a run time error 217 @ 00021AEE and a reference to
      > teechart.ocx. I reistalled the printer drivers to LPT1 still no joy.
      >
      > I uninstalled the current version of WUHU I was running and have
      > tried to reinstall the program with no luck. The error I get
      > installing is during the "move data process -119" and again calls out
      > teechart.ocx Tried running program in XP compatible mode no joy,
      > tried giving install program administrator rating and still no joy.
      >
      > HELP John J

    • John J aka Mr. Scuba
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008

        > John,
        >
        > Look in to allowing ActiveX controls under Vista.
        >
        > I believe, by default, Vista prohibits ActiveX controls.
        >
        > That is a bit of a knee slapper since Microsoft has been dragging
        > ActiveX (aka OLE, aka COM, aka OCX) along for well over a decade but
        > now prohibits it's use by default.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John J aka Mr. Scuba"
        > <fluidone@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm running Vista home premium and a La Cross 3610 with direct serial
        > > connection. I rebooted the other day and WUHU errored out on loading
        > > at start-up with a run time error 217 @ 00021AEE and a reference to
        > > teechart.ocx. I reistalled the printer drivers to LPT1 still no joy.
        > >
        > > I uninstalled the current version of WUHU I was running and have
        > > tried to reinstall the program with no luck. The error I get
        > > installing is during the "move data process -119" and again calls out
        > > teechart.ocx Tried running program in XP compatible mode no joy,
        > > tried giving install program administrator rating and still no joy.
        > >
        > > HELP John J

        I have set all active X controls to ether enable or ask permission and
        still get the move process -119 error on install checked printers and
        drivers they are all showing as there. I'm about to say the heck with
        running WUHU on vista and sacrifice more desk space and set up my old
        XP machine to run just WUHU and a couple of games that will not run on
        Vista ... any other ideas to get it to work on this whiz bang fast
        duel core 32 bit machine?
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2008
          Usually move errors are associated with the inability to write the
          target file by the installer.

          This can be caused if you have a copy of WUHU running for example,
          since running programs and DLLs (and OCXs) cannot be overwritten when
          they are in memory.

          Under Vista, I can imagine that some other security could cause the
          same error (not having permissions for a directory for example).

          You are not running any other applications when you are attempting the
          install are you?

          Also, check the task list to make sure a copy of WUHU is not loaded
          when the error happens.