Re: Questions on WheresJames Webcam Software??

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 2, 2006
      bharris,

      I know the frustration, it took me a long time to have the thing
      magically start working after I deleted some codecs then re-installed.

      Did you try looking to see what codecs are installed? I removed
      anything that I did not need. I read somewhere on a forum (there is a
      forum off his page) that it might have something to do with some
      offending codec. I might have also re-installed the codecs from MS.

      I have a cheap-o creative web cam, nothing special.

      I think the problem with the software has nothing to do with the cam
      but rather the other codecs on the machine.

      If I find any new info, I will let you know.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Brian Harris
      <bharris@...> wrote:

      > I have everything in wheresjames correct with the settings in the
      demo,
      > but it never tries to upload! If I change it to a jpg file it will
      > upload. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling but doesn't
      help. Any
      > Ideas?? By the way, what kind of webcam do you have?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > KARHARTM1
      >

      > wuhu_software wrote:
      > >
      > > bharris,
      > >
      > > Since you have the FTP working you are 1/2 there, maybe...
      > >
      > > You can try using the Publish settings I have listed here:
      > >
      > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/Demos/WheresJames.htm
      > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewuhu_software/Demos/WheresJames.htm>
      > >
      > > Beware, for whatever reason, I had to remove codecs and re-install
      > > then the software started working. Whether it was the removal of a
      > > codec or the re-installation that fixed it, I am not sure. It was
      > > pretty frustrating getting it setup.
      > >
      > > Let me know if you get it running.
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Brian Harris
      > > <bharris@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > HI,
      > > >
      > > > I downloaded the where'sjames webcam software I have it
      uploading
      > > to my
      > > > webpage in still pics, but I'm wanting it still pics but moving
      > > stills.
      > > > Well I want it exactly the way it is on
      > > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
      > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewuhu_software/> Can someone please
      tell me
      > > the
      > > > steps in doing this I cant figure it out!!
      > > >
      > > > Thanks

      > > ------

      > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a
      > > minimum)?http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/join

      > > WUHU Download page:
      > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
      > > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewuhu_software/>

      > > Personal weather station
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather
      +stations&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=EvGRsKZuakxxzjh3ARuZRw>
      > > Weather stations
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
      s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=YoyIXW4XwEub2oHOWkro_g>
      > > Standard edition
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Standard+edition&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
      s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=rIzCdmGV1SJAMxPs9QpwDw>

      subject=Unsubscribe>