Re: WUHU Request

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      Dan,

      Looking at your history, you had 1.15 inches over the past 2 days.

      Depending on what time of day today you checked it (it started raining
      yesterday just before 6pm your time), the 24 rain total would be 1.15
      or less.

      The numbers will change minute by minute if you are looking at data
      that is expiring in the 24 hour window.

      Keep an eye on the next rainfall, hopefully we can get to the bottom
      of it if there is a problem.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Brown"
      <weatherbear@...> wrote:

      > yes, I have that box checked. my wu id is KUTSOUTH3
      >
      > dan

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Dan,
      > >
      > > Are you also using the tweak option 'Calculate 1HR and 24HR
      > rainfall'?
      > >
      > > If you are tweaking rainfall, that option must be checked. Otherwise
      > > WUHU will tweak whatever comes out of the console (that may or may
      > not
      > > be correct).

      > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Dan,
      > > >
      > > > What is your WU ID?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks.
      > > >

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"

      > > for 24
      > heavy
      > not
      > current
      > > ratio
      > > daily, but
      > fallen
      > hour
      > 1.13,

    • utahweatherbear
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
        That's correct. However, the 24 hour conversion from WUHU did not
        read 1.15 when I set the tweak at .605 to match today's rainfall. One
        or the other was wrong! There is something that changes with respect
        to rounding or algorythms or something when the numbers get up there.
        Sounds like a separate tweak would be too tricky. I would just like
        the option for situations like this which probably don't come up too
        much anyway. . If you can't, don't worry about it. Pretty sure I've
        brought this up before. Just a minor pain in the butt.

        Thanx, Dan

        Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Altimeter Station Precip Quality
        Point Humidity Direction Speed Setting Pressure 24 hour Control
        (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (mph) (inches) (inches) (inches)
        01 Sep 5:46 pm 59 34 39 WSW 7G11 30.11 25.273 1.10 OK
        01 Sep 5:28 pm 59 36 42 WSW 5G11 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
        01 Sep 5:19 pm 59 35 40 WSW 3G11 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
        01 Sep 5:01 pm 59 36 42 WSW 4G14 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
        01 Sep 4:43 pm 59 38 45 SW 9G15 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
        01 Sep 4:34 pm 59 38 46 W 4G10 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
        01 Sep 4:16 pm 59 40 49 WSW 4G12 30.10 25.264 1.10 O

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
          Dan,

          The next time you think that there is a problem, change the start and
          end hours for the stats, enter 0 and 24.

          Next, look at the high and low for the rain total.

          If WUHU is calculating the 24HR total, the formula is simple:

          24HR Rain = (Total High - Total Low) * tweak value.