Re: WUHU Request

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      Dan,

      Are you also using the tweak option 'Calculate 1HR and 24HR rainfall'?

      If you are tweaking rainfall, that option must be checked. Otherwise
      WUHU will tweak whatever comes out of the console (that may or may not
      be correct).

      > Dan,
      >
      > What is your WU ID?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"
      > <utahweatherbear@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Would it be possible to have separate rainfall tweak multipliers
      for 24
      > > hour, daily, and perhaps hourly. Running into problems where heavy
      > > rainfall occurs over a period of time, the ratio causes them to not
      > > match. For example, I had .79 yesterday and .34 today. My current
      ratio
      > > based on my homemade catcher set at .605 shows a correct .34
      daily, but
      > > only 1.09 for 24 hour, when it should be 1.13. Yes, it has all fallen
      > > in past 24 hours. would be nice if I could tweak just the 24 hour
      > > total, so it would be correct. If I do the tweak now to make it 1.13,
      > > (by upping tweak to 0.63) the daily shoots up to .36
      > >
      > > thanx, dan

    • Dan Brown
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
        yes, I have that box checked. my wu id is KUTSOUTH3

        dan

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
          Dan,

          Looking at your history, you had 1.15 inches over the past 2 days.

          Depending on what time of day today you checked it (it started raining
          yesterday just before 6pm your time), the 24 rain total would be 1.15
          or less.

          The numbers will change minute by minute if you are looking at data
          that is expiring in the 24 hour window.

          Keep an eye on the next rainfall, hopefully we can get to the bottom
          of it if there is a problem.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Brown"
          <weatherbear@...> wrote:

          > yes, I have that box checked. my wu id is KUTSOUTH3
          >
          > dan

          > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Dan,
          > >
          > > Are you also using the tweak option 'Calculate 1HR and 24HR
          > rainfall'?
          > >
          > > If you are tweaking rainfall, that option must be checked. Otherwise
          > > WUHU will tweak whatever comes out of the console (that may or may
          > not
          > > be correct).

          > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Dan,
          > > >
          > > > What is your WU ID?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks.
          > > >

          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "utahweatherbear"

          > > for 24
          > heavy
          > not
          > current
          > > ratio
          > > daily, but
          > fallen
          > hour
          > 1.13,

        • utahweatherbear
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
            That's correct. However, the 24 hour conversion from WUHU did not
            read 1.15 when I set the tweak at .605 to match today's rainfall. One
            or the other was wrong! There is something that changes with respect
            to rounding or algorythms or something when the numbers get up there.
            Sounds like a separate tweak would be too tricky. I would just like
            the option for situations like this which probably don't come up too
            much anyway. . If you can't, don't worry about it. Pretty sure I've
            brought this up before. Just a minor pain in the butt.

            Thanx, Dan

            Time Temp. Dew Relative Wind Wind Altimeter Station Precip Quality
            Point Humidity Direction Speed Setting Pressure 24 hour Control
            (MDT) (f) (f) (%) (mph) (inches) (inches) (inches)
            01 Sep 5:46 pm 59 34 39 WSW 7G11 30.11 25.273 1.10 OK
            01 Sep 5:28 pm 59 36 42 WSW 5G11 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
            01 Sep 5:19 pm 59 35 40 WSW 3G11 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
            01 Sep 5:01 pm 59 36 42 WSW 4G14 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
            01 Sep 4:43 pm 59 38 45 SW 9G15 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
            01 Sep 4:34 pm 59 38 46 W 4G10 30.10 25.264 1.10 OK
            01 Sep 4:16 pm 59 40 49 WSW 4G12 30.10 25.264 1.10 O

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
              Dan,

              The next time you think that there is a problem, change the start and
              end hours for the stats, enter 0 and 24.

              Next, look at the high and low for the rain total.

              If WUHU is calculating the 24HR total, the formula is simple:

              24HR Rain = (Total High - Total Low) * tweak value.