Re: Ham Weather Errors

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
      UPDATE: It seems that it just took PWS a while to start posting the
      data. It seems to be doing fine now.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...>
      wrote:

      > OK, I'm trying an experiment this morning. I've went back to my OS
      > 968 with a humidity offset of +40 (yeah, that's high, but it seems
      > be working) and I'm only running HWHU and not in conjunction with
      > VWS. Everything seems to be working fine and all the info from the
      > 968 is getting to the HWHU and then on to CWOP and WU. However, it
      > does not seem to be getting to hamweather or PWS. Anybody have any
      > ideas about this?
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joe Torsitano
      > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Actually we sent out a note a few months ago with an updated
      > posting string which sends the data directly to pwsweather.com. If
      > you didn't get it let me know and I'll resend it. All personal
      > weather station programs operated jointly by weatherforyou.com and
      > HAMweather are now under pwsweather.com. From there the data is
      > distributed to anythingweather, used on weatherforyou.com and for
      use
      > in the HAMweather scripts.
      > >

      > > --
      > > Joe Torsitano
      > > PWSweather.com
      > > weatherforyou.com

      Errors

      > > > If you're using a version of software that is still sending to
      > > hamweather.net (instead of pwsweather.com) there was a problem
      with
      > > one of the hamweather.net servers this morning which would have
      > caused
      > > errors in sending data.-- Joe Torsitano PWSweather.com
      > weatherforyou. com
      > > >
      > > > ----- Original Message ----From: alrjr2001 <alrjr2001@ ..>To:
      > > wuhu_software_ group@ : Friday, August 29, 2008 8:12:03 AMSubject:
      > > [wuhu_software_ group] Ham Weather Errors
      > > >
      > > > Loads of errors showing up in the log this AM from Ham Weather,
      > > anyoneelse seeing this?ThanksArnold In The SmokiesDW1121

      > > > Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD
      > > with Windows®.
      > > > http://clk.atdmt com/MRT/go/ 108588797/ direct/01/

    • alrjr2001
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
        Does anyone know what the new "posting string" that Joe mentions is or
        is the latest version of WUHU already set up for this?

        Thanks Again
        Arnold

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
          OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?

          Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw

          Arnold In The Smokies
          DW1121
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
            Well, I think you posted the problem right there from your log. They appear to be having server issues at times. Perhaps they are using multiple servers and the one that your uploads are going to is one that is in trouble.

            I also believe that any failed uploads will always be queued up and sent when the server is up again. You are not losing any data so I would not be concerned about these type of glitches. Now if it were a CWOP upload, this would result in lost data.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

            > OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?
            >
            > Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw
            >
            > Arnold In The Smokies
            > DW1121

          • Rick
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
              I shut my alert in log, off for Ham weather because they have CONSTANT errors

              KOHWAPAK1
              Rick

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

              > OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?
              >
              > Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw
              >
              > Arnold In The Smokies
              > DW1121

            • Ken
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                The message from the Apache (Linux) server says it all. The problem is on their end.

                <b>The server is temporarily unable to service your\nrequest due to maintenance downtime or capacity\nproblems. </b>
              • alrjr2001
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                  Thanks for the input guys:-) I think I'll take Ricks advice and turn off reporting for Ham Weather. I was surprised that noone else was experiencing these erors but as you say I must be on a bad server here in Western NC.

                  Thanks Again
                  Arnold In The Smokies
                  DW1121

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                    You might check to see if they have an alternate address you can use.

                    de KB9EU