Re: Ham Weather Errors

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
      OK, I'm trying an experiment this morning. I've went back to my OS
      968 with a humidity offset of +40 (yeah, that's high, but it seems to
      be working) and I'm only running HWHU and not in conjunction with
      VWS. Everything seems to be working fine and all the info from the
      968 is getting to the HWHU and then on to CWOP and WU. However, it
      does not seem to be getting to hamweather or PWS. Anybody have any
      ideas about this?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joe Torsitano
      <jtorsitano@...> wrote:

      > Actually we sent out a note a few months ago with an updated
      posting string which sends the data directly to pwsweather.com. If
      you didn't get it let me know and I'll resend it. All personal
      weather station programs operated jointly by weatherforyou.com and
      HAMweather are now under pwsweather.com. From there the data is
      distributed to anythingweather, used on weatherforyou.com and for use
      in the HAMweather scripts.

      > --
      > Joe Torsitano
      > PWSweather.com
      > weatherforyou.com

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
        UPDATE: It seems that it just took PWS a while to start posting the
        data. It seems to be doing fine now.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...>
        wrote:

        > OK, I'm trying an experiment this morning. I've went back to my OS
        > 968 with a humidity offset of +40 (yeah, that's high, but it seems
        > be working) and I'm only running HWHU and not in conjunction with
        > VWS. Everything seems to be working fine and all the info from the
        > 968 is getting to the HWHU and then on to CWOP and WU. However, it
        > does not seem to be getting to hamweather or PWS. Anybody have any
        > ideas about this?
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joe Torsitano
        > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Actually we sent out a note a few months ago with an updated
        > posting string which sends the data directly to pwsweather.com. If
        > you didn't get it let me know and I'll resend it. All personal
        > weather station programs operated jointly by weatherforyou.com and
        > HAMweather are now under pwsweather.com. From there the data is
        > distributed to anythingweather, used on weatherforyou.com and for
        use
        > in the HAMweather scripts.
        > >

        > > --
        > > Joe Torsitano
        > > PWSweather.com
        > > weatherforyou.com

      • alrjr2001
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
          Does anyone know what the new "posting string" that Joe mentions is or
          is the latest version of WUHU already set up for this?

          Thanks Again
          Arnold

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
            OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?

            Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw

            Arnold In The Smokies
            DW1121
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
              Well, I think you posted the problem right there from your log. They appear to be having server issues at times. Perhaps they are using multiple servers and the one that your uploads are going to is one that is in trouble.

              I also believe that any failed uploads will always be queued up and sent when the server is up again. You are not losing any data so I would not be concerned about these type of glitches. Now if it were a CWOP upload, this would result in lost data.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

              > OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?
              >
              > Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw
              >
              > Arnold In The Smokies
              > DW1121

            • Rick
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
                I shut my alert in log, off for Ham weather because they have CONSTANT errors

                KOHWAPAK1
                Rick

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                > OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?
                >
                > Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw
                >
                > Arnold In The Smokies
                > DW1121

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                  The message from the Apache (Linux) server says it all. The problem is on their end.

                  <b>The server is temporarily unable to service your\nrequest due to maintenance downtime or capacity\nproblems. </b>
                • alrjr2001
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                    Thanks for the input guys:-) I think I'll take Ricks advice and turn off reporting for Ham Weather. I was surprised that noone else was experiencing these erors but as you say I must be on a bad server here in Western NC.

                    Thanks Again
                    Arnold In The Smokies
                    DW1121

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                      You might check to see if they have an alternate address you can use.

                      de KB9EU