Wunderground "Q"

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hey Folks - About how long does it usually take before Weather
      Underground shows a PWS as a MADIS station instead of simply "normal"?
      Thanks:-)
      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
        Arnold,
        If you upload direct to WU, your station will show up as a "normal"
        station. That means WU is receiving your data and posting it
        directly from you.
        A Madis only station is one that WU has to go out and get the data
        and then bring it into WU.
        If you look at the MADIS stations the update frequency is not very
        frequent at all as compared to a station that uploads direct to WU,
        Not sure if that is what you are questioning.
        steve

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001"
        <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

        > Hey Folks - About how long does it usually take before Weather
        > Underground shows a PWS as a MADIS station instead of
        simply "normal"?
        > Thanks:-)
        > Arnold In The Smokies
        > DW1121

      • Greggo

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
            You don't want MADIS - it should be PWS. It says normal or rapid fire. If you enable rapid fire, it will switch to that.

            Alan

            --
            Alan Steremberg
            Weather Underground