Antivirus software conflicts?

  • Ron W
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
      I have had to upgrade my anti virus program and now I am experiencing
      a conflict after a restart. I am getting a Run time error with WUHU,
      and I have to restart it to re enable the WUHU

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks.

      Ron
    • chrisjmaher@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
        I've had excellent results with Kaspersky's anti-virus and internet protection programs. You can get them at Wal-mart if you are in the US. Excellent CS and hourly updates. You can "pause" its protection for downloads for up to two hours to download software updates.

        Chris Maher
        KGAWOODS9
        Georgia
        From: "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
          Ron,

          If you wait for a period after the reboot, does it work ok?

          We might need to add a delay to WUHU start up if the delay works.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@...>
          wrote:

          > I have had to upgrade my anti virus program and now I am experiencing
          > a conflict after a restart. I am getting a Run time error with WUHU,
          > and I have to restart it to re enable the WUHU
          >

          > Any suggestions?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Ron

        • Ron W
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
            wuhu_ software,

            I don't know what the hiccup was with WUHU not wanting to restart but
            after several reboots everything seems to be operating normal and I
            haven't had any problems for several days.

            Thanks,

            Ron

            -- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
              Some machines need more time to load up the anti virus software and
              printer drivers.

              If this problem comes back, we can add a variable to the INI that
              will delay the startup of WUHU. That seems to address the problem on
              some machines.

              wrote:

              > wuhu_ software,
              >
              > I don't know what the hiccup was with WUHU not wanting to restart
              but
              > after several reboots everything seems to be operating normal and I
              > haven't had any problems for several days.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Ron
              >
              > -- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"
              > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Ron,
              > >
              > > If you wait for a period after the reboot, does it work ok?
              > >
              > > We might need to add a delay to WUHU start up if the delay works.
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron W" <jeffrondee@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have had to upgrade my anti virus program and now I am
              experiencing
              > > > a conflict after a restart. I am getting a Run time error
              with WUHU,
              > > > and I have to restart it to re enable the WUHU
              > > >

              > > > Any suggestions?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks.
              > > >
              > > > Ron

            • Ron W
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7, 2008
                Thanks,

                So far so good, no more issues.

                BTW the antivirus software I am using is free avast   So far it has been running ok, any comments?