I did something stupid

  • Jeff Le Doux
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008

      I tried to move my station about 100 feet.  I put my anemometer above the roofline, but in so doing I think I cut the cable to the thermo-hygro sensor.  I will now need to take the anemometer down and check that.  If possible I will get the cord repaired, and put it back up.  Or I will need to replace the anemometer.  I will be off line until that occurs because without the wind data all the data is being rejected.  So, until Wednesday I will probably be offline.  I should know better, with all the problems others have been having with their anemometers.

      Jeff Le Doux

      CW5246

      KMEWILTO1

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
        If you can't do a quick repair job on the cable, it might be a good
        time to replace the entire run with a better cable.

        The modification will reduce the bad wind readings:

        http://www.lavrsen.dk/sources/weather/windmod.htm

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Le Doux"

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
          Jeff can't you choose "disable wind sensor" in the tweaks section
          and at least be able to upload your other data while working on the
          wind speed sensor cable?

          <jefcled@...> wrote:

          > I tried to move my station about 100 feet. I put my anemometer
          above the
          > roofline, but in so doing I think I cut the cable to the thermo-
          hygro
          > sensor. I will now need to take the anemometer down and check
          that. If
          > possible I will get the cord repaired, and put it back up. Or I
          will need
          > to replace the anemometer. I will be off line until that occurs
          because
          > without the wind data all the data is being rejected. So, until
          Wednesday I
          > will probably be offline. I should know better, with all the
          problems
          > others have been having with their anemometers.
          >

          > Jeff Le Doux
          >
          > CW5246
          >
          > KMEWILTO1

        • Jeff Le Doux
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008

            Thanks Steve.  It is done, and I am reporting again.

            Jeff Le Doux