Re: Edit Rainfall Total

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
      The procedure to reset you rain total is as follows:

      1) Goto tweak screen, check disable all rainfall reporting.

      2) Exit WUHU.

      3) Run Heavyweather to reset rain total.

      4) Exit Heavyweather

      5) Run WUHU.

      6) Let the station get it's first update then go to tweak screen,
      un-check disable all rainfall reporting.

      Usually we use the console's rain total as the yearly rain total.
      Therefore we only reset it on 1-1.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mikediannemolly"

    • chrisjmaher@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
        I too have been having problems with my rain gage for my 2310. It was not reporting all last week and I did a lot of T/S, didn't find much wrong and LaCrosse has sent me a repair ticket to send it and the transmitter back. Today, it seems to be working again but with all the T/S'ing. my total rainfall has reset to zero. Can I go into the software and reinput what it was before it began messing up?

        Chris Maher
        KGAWOODS9
        Georgia
        From: "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...>

        > The procedure to reset you rain total is as follows:
        >
        > 1) Goto tweak screen, check disable all rainfall reporting.
        >
        > 2) Exit WUHU.
        >
        > 3) Run Heavyweather to reset rain total.
        >
        > 4) Exit Heavyweather
        >
        > 5) Run WUHU.
        >
        > 6) Let the station get it's first update then go to tweak screen,
        > un-check disable all rainfall reporting.
        >
        > Usually we use the console's rain total as the yearly rain total.
        > Therefore we only reset it on 1-1.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mikediannemolly"
        > <mclayton1@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I recently installed Weather Undergrond/Heavy Weather Uploader.It
        > > shows a rainfall history of 4.50 inches.Can I edit this and set back
        > > to 0.00.
        > > Can someone tell me how to accomplish this.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > KCAINDIO3

      • MIKE CLAYTON
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
          I tried this four times with no success.Any other suggestions?

          Thanks
          Mike
          KCAINDIO3

          <mclayton1@. ..> wrote:

          > I recently installed Weather Undergrond/Heavy Weather Uploader.It
          > shows a rainfall history of 4.50 inches.Can I edit this and set back
          > to 0.00.
          > Can someone tell me how to accomplish this.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > KCAINDIO3

        • John Liss
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
            Mike,

            If it is a 2300,

            Here is what I found in the manual:

            Resetting the MIN/MAX records
            While in the minimum or maximum mode, the time and dates are also displayed along with the recorded values. If the MINUS (-) key is pressed while any of these values are displayed, that particular mini-mum or maximum record will be reset to current reading together with the current time and date with the exception of the following:
            � The first case is Rainfall Total, which has neither maximum nor minimum records since it will show only the total rainfall. Pressing the MINUS (-) key will reset the rainfall total value to zero and the time recording to current time.
            � The second case is Rainfall 24h or 1h, which records maximum rain count only for these respective times. Pressing the MINUS (-) key in either of these two modes will reset the rain count to the current rain count and time and date.
            � The third case is wind speed, which will only reset the recorded time to current time when the MINUS (-) key is pressed

            <mclayton1@. ..> wrote:

            > I recently installed Weather Undergrond/Heavy Weather Uploader.It
            > shows a rainfall history of 4.50 inches.Can I edit this and set back
            > to 0.00.
            > Can someone tell me how to accomplish this.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > KCAINDIO3

          • John Liss
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
              Here is a list of PDF's for your Lacross Weatherstation(s):

              http://site.ambientweatherstore.com/Manuals/

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
                Mike,

                I think that I have found the problem and corrected.

                Download the current release (just updated it on the D/L page) and try
                the procedure again.

                Let me know if that fixes it.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "MIKE CLAYTON"
                <mclayton1@...> wrote:

                > I tried this four times with no success.Any other suggestions?
                >
                > Thanks
                > Mike
                > KCAINDIO3

              • MIKE CLAYTON
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
                  John,

                  It worked.When all else fails read the manual.I am new to this and did'ent know where to go.

                  Thanks again for your help,

                  Mike Clayton