Off line version of the user manual...

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 31 10:40 AM
      Question: John,The YAHOO wuhu group told me to get in touch with you here. I am new to PWS and wuhu and would like to get a COMPLETE user manual without having to download 30 or 40 individual chapters. Do you have this available in one file?Thanks, Warren, W4WR

      Hey Warren,

      Yes it is available here:

      http://www.lissproductions.com/wuhumanual/wuhumanual.zip
    • Warren Rothberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 31 10:47 AM
        John,

        I'm getting "404 - File not Found".

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 31 10:57 AM
          I just checked th elink and it works for me.

          Steve

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 31 10:57 AM
            Sorry about that,

            Try it again, I was in the middle of uploading it when I sent the email.

            -John

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 31 11:11 AM
              ok, i'm a fool. this time it worked for me too. Thanks, John.

              Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:57 PM
              Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Off line version of the user manual...

              I just checked th elink and it works for me.

              Steve

              --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

              > Question: John,The YAHOO wuhu group told me to get in touch with you
              here. I am new to PWS and wuhu and would like to get a COMPLETE user
              manual without having to download 30 or 40 individual chapters. Do you
              have this available in one file?Thanks, Warren, W4WR

              > Hey Warren,
              >
              > Yes it is available here:
              >
              > http://www.lissprod uctions.com/ wuhumanual/ wuhumanual. zip

            • Charles M. Owen
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 31 1:45 PM

                Warren, I hate days like that. I just chalk it up to “odd”-timers and try and keep it down once a week! ;)

                Charles

                CW4870

                ok, i'm a fool. this time it worked for me too. Thanks, John.

                Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:57 PM

                I just checked th elink and it works for me.

                Steve

                --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

                > Question: John,The YAHOO wuhu group told me to get in touch with you
                here. I am new to PWS and wuhu and would like to get a COMPLETE user
                manual without having to download 30 or 40 individual chapters. Do you
                have this available in one file?Thanks, Warren, W4WR

                > Hey Warren,
                >
                > Yes it is available here:
                >
                > http://www.lissprod uctions.com/ wuhumanual/ wuhumanual. zip

              • alrjr2001
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 31 5:46 PM
                  Hi John, Is the .chm file thats contained in the zip file something
                  that will open on the PC with just a double click? (I "assume" using
                  notepad or perhaps Word, etc.) I tried to open it on the Mac & though
                  I'm sure I can find a piece of software that will allow it to open
                  properly as it is I get the examples folder & the wuhumanual.chm file
                  which doesnt associate with anything I have on the machine. I can move
                  it to a PC if need be, just curious about a .chm file as this is the
                  first time I've seen one:-)
                  Thanks
                  Arnold In The Smokies
                  DW1121

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 31 6:10 PM
                    .chm files are a Microsoft file format. The viewer is automatically
                    installed on machines with Office 2000 and a few other MS packages.
                    Apparently MS is dropping the format in the future citing potential
                    security risks (just another one of the endless security risks with MS).

                    It is not easy to find their viewer. It is apparently part of the
                    Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.

                    You can get it here:

                    Click the link on the page to download Htmlhelp.exe. Run it and it
                    should install the viewer.

                    Google has posted a list of other viewers here:

                    http://code.google.com/p/htmlhelp/wiki/CHM

                    If we do include the user manual in the WUHU distributable, I guess we
                    will need to consider how to install the viewer as well. I would not
                    have thought about it since it comes with the C++ compiler.

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...>

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 31 9:26 PM
                      This is why I went for the online version only.
                      The HTML online flavor is readable by all OS's and the .chm file is totally MS Specific. (unless you have installed some viewer for it)

                      I'll update the manual to say winderz help file :]

                      -John

                      wrote:

[...]

                      WUHU Download page:

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          mailto:wuhu_software_group-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          mailto:wuhu_software_group-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • alrjr2001
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 1, 2008
                        Thank you & John as well - I'll try & open it on my wifes machine as
                        we have all the Office stuff on there & if the viewer isnt yet
                        installed I'm sure its on the Office install CD.
                        Thanks Again
                        Arnold In The Smokies
                        DW1121