Ham Weather Errors

  • alrjr2001
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
      Loads of errors showing up in the log this AM from Ham Weather, anyone
      else seeing this?
      Thanks
      Arnold In The Smokies
      DW1121
    • Joe Torsitano
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
        If you're using a version of software that is still sending to hamweather.net (instead of pwsweather.com) there was a problem with one of the hamweather.net servers this morning which would have caused errors in sending data.

        --
         Joe Torsitano
         PWSweather.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 30, 2008
          Does the latest version of WUHU support pwsweather.com instead of hamweather.net?
          I'm running 216.49

          -Mike

          To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 30, 2008
            Joe can correct me if I am mistaken here but I believe that all pws
            data is collected by hamweather.net then it is forwarded to pwsweather
            and anythingweather, and possibly other sites.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "M. A.P" <m_a_p@...> wrote:

            > Does the latest version of WUHU support pwsweather.com instead of
            hamweather.net?
            > I'm running 216.49
            >
            > -Mike
            >

            > To: wuhu_software_group@...: jtorsitano@...: Fri, 29 Aug 2008
            23:38:56 -0700Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Ham Weather Errors

            wuhu_software_group@...: Friday, August 29, 2008 8:12:03 AMSubject:
            [wuhu_software_group] Ham Weather Errors

            > Loads of errors showing up in the log this AM from Ham Weather,
            anyoneelse seeing this?ThanksArnold In The SmokiesDW1121

            > Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD
            with Windows®.

          • Joe Torsitano
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 30, 2008
              Actually we sent out a note a few months ago with an updated posting string which sends the data directly to pwsweather.com.  If you didn't get it let me know and I'll resend it.  All personal weather station programs operated jointly by weatherforyou.com and HAMweather are now under pwsweather.com.  From there the data is distributed to anythingweather, used on weatherforyou.com and for use in the HAMweather scripts.

              --
               Joe Torsitano
               PWSweather.com

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 30, 2008
                Joe,

                I must have missed the email.

                If you could send a copy to me that would be great.

                Do I only need change the server name from hamweather.net to
                pwsweather.com?

                Did the responses from the server change?

                Thanks.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Joe Torsitano
                <jtorsitano@...> wrote:

                > Actually we sent out a note a few months ago with an updated posting
                string which sends the data directly to pwsweather.com. If you didn't
                get it let me know and I'll resend it. All personal weather station
                programs operated jointly by weatherforyou.com and HAMweather are now
                under pwsweather.com. From there the data is distributed to
                anythingweather, used on weatherforyou.com and for use in the
                HAMweather scripts.

                > --
                > Joe Torsitano
                > PWSweather.com
                > weatherforyou.com

              • Greg
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
                  OK, I'm trying an experiment this morning. I've went back to my OS
                  968 with a humidity offset of +40 (yeah, that's high, but it seems to
                  be working) and I'm only running HWHU and not in conjunction with
                  VWS. Everything seems to be working fine and all the info from the
                  968 is getting to the HWHU and then on to CWOP and WU. However, it
                  does not seem to be getting to hamweather or PWS. Anybody have any
                  ideas about this?

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
                    UPDATE: It seems that it just took PWS a while to start posting the
                    data. It seems to be doing fine now.

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...>

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
                      Does anyone know what the new "posting string" that Joe mentions is or
                      is the latest version of WUHU already set up for this?

                      Thanks Again
                      Arnold

                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
                        OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?

                        Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw

                        Arnold In The Smokies
                        DW1121
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
                          Well, I think you posted the problem right there from your log. They appear to be having server issues at times. Perhaps they are using multiple servers and the one that your uploads are going to is one that is in trouble.

                          I also believe that any failed uploads will always be queued up and sent when the server is up again. You are not losing any data so I would not be concerned about these type of glitches. Now if it were a CWOP upload, this would result in lost data.

                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                          > OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?
                          >
                          > Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw
                          >
                          > Arnold In The Smokies
                          > DW1121

                        • Rick
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 29, 2011
                            I shut my alert in log, off for Ham weather because they have CONSTANT errors

                            KOHWAPAK1
                            Rick

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "alrjr2001" <alrjr2001@...> wrote:

                            > OK I guess I must be the only one with these errors since nobody responds to my query, does the following help anyone help me figure this out?
                            >
                            > Sat Oct 29 06:37:03 2011 > Ham Weather Live Upload: Final Fatal Eror (No more retries) Original Request Sent: http://www.hamweather.net/weatherstations/pwsupdate.php?ID=MURPHWTHR&PASSWORD=*******&dateutc=2011-10-29+10%3A36%3A49&winddir=315&windspeedmph=7.2&windgustmph=7.2&tempf=38.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.04&baromin=30.09&dewptf=35.5&humidity=89&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=updateraw
                            >
                            > Arnold In The Smokies
                            > DW1121

                          • Ken
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                              The message from the Apache (Linux) server says it all. The problem is on their end.

                              <b>The server is temporarily unable to service your\nrequest due to maintenance downtime or capacity\nproblems. </b>
                            • alrjr2001
                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                                Thanks for the input guys:-) I think I'll take Ricks advice and turn off reporting for Ham Weather. I was surprised that noone else was experiencing these erors but as you say I must be on a bad server here in Western NC.

                                Thanks Again
                                Arnold In The Smokies
                                DW1121

                                Message 15 of 15 , Oct 30, 2011
                                  You might check to see if they have an alternate address you can use.

                                  de KB9EU