Re: [wuhu_software_group] Questions on WheresJames Webcam Software??

  • Brian Harris
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
      HI,

      I downloaded the where'sjames webcam software I have it uploading to my
      webpage in still pics, but I'm wanting it still pics but moving stills.
      Well I want it exactly the way it is on
      http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/ Can someone please tell me the
      steps in doing this I cant figure it out!!

      Thanks

    • Alan Steremberg
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hi,

        We aren't using flash, we are using javascript and the XMLHTTP object in IE.  Interesting, maybe I should ramp back the update time or something.

        Alan

        On 3/1/06, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

        Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer v6.0.2800.1106 - Latest for 2000
        Processor: AMD, 900Mhz
        Memory: 512MB, 235MB free.
        Windows 2000 - Update to date will all service packs.
        Macromedia - New install this morning.

        About every 2 seconds, processor spikes to 100% of the processor for
        about 1/2 second to one second in duration. When processor is at 100%
        the scrolling is locked up.

        It might just be too much for the machine to handle during all of the
        on screen updates.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com , "Alan Steremberg"
        <alans@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Can you help me debug this? We have gotten a number of complaints
        in our
        > support box about this problem, but it is hard to track down. I
        have tested
        > the feature on Mac/Windows XP on Firefox 1.0/1.5/IE 6.0/Safari
        >
        > What web browser are you using, are you running out of memory? how
        much
        > memory / processor do you have?
        >
        > Alan
        >

        > On 3/1/06, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >  Alan,
        > >
        > > I guess it would be the forecast page?
        > >
        > > http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?
        query=48116

        > > Thanks.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"
        <alans@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi,
        > > >
        > > > Are you on the weather station page of the forecast page?
        Please send me
        > > > URL.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > >
        > > > Alan

        when

        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather
        +stations&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=EvGRsKZuakxxzjh3ARuZRw>
        > > Weather
        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
        s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=YoyIXW4XwEub2oHOWkro_g>
        > > Standard
        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Standard+edition&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
        s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=rIzCdmGV1SJAMxPs9QpwDw

        > > hoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group>"

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        > > > --
        > >
        > > > Alan Steremberg
        > > > Weather Underground
        > > > 415-543-5022 x 103
        > > > http://www.wunderground.com

        > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

        > > WUHU Download page:

        t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather
        +stations&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=EvGRsKZuakxxzjh3ARuZRw>
        Weather
        > > stations< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
        s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=YoyIXW4XwEub2oHOWkro_g> Standard
        > > edition< http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Standard+edition&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+station
        s&w3=Standard+edition&c=3&s=74&.sig=rIzCdmGV1SJAMxPs9QpwDw>
        _group>"

        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group-

        > >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        > >    Service < http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
        > >

        > >  ------------------------------
        > >

        > --
        > Alan Steremberg
        > Weather Underground
        > 415-543-5022 x 103
        > http://www.wunderground.com

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        WUHU Download page:
        http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

        Personal weather station Weather stations Standard edition

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        --
        Alan Steremberg
        Weather Underground
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
          bharris,

          Since you have the FTP working you are 1/2 there, maybe...

          You can try using the Publish settings I have listed here:

          http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/Demos/WheresJames.htm

          Beware, for whatever reason, I had to remove codecs and re-install
          then the software started working. Whether it was the removal of a
          codec or the re-installation that fixed it, I am not sure. It was
          pretty frustrating getting it setup.

          Let me know if you get it running.

          Thanks.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Brian Harris

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
            Let me know what I can do.

            I will test it after you modify.

            Is there anything I can check/update on this machine?

            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
              I have a 3200 AMD Athlon64 with 512 mb DDR SDRAM using Windows XP & IE
              6.0 with all the latest updates.
              With Heavyweather on and looking at thw WU page. When I scroll I go up
              to 100% CPU Usage. Not scrolling.
              IO just turned Heavy weather off and it still goes to 100%.
              May be strange, but the faster I scroll the less CPU usage.
              It never stops or freezes though.
              Memory usage does not seem to change.

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
                The delay is odd...

                I tried an XP 2.5Ghz (XP, latest everything) and a Dual Core Xeon 1.5
                GHz (Windows 2000, latest everything), and on both of those systems
                there is this annoying 1/4 to 1/2 second delay on both machines. You
                can notice it if you constantly scroll up and down until the delay hits
                (continue to attempt to scroll when it is locked up).

                Although the Xeon machine is spiking up to 30% or so, it never goes to
                100%.
              • phantomodopera
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Browser IE 6.0.29 SP2
                  Processor Intel P4 3.0
                  Mem 1 gig
                  Win XP SP2

                  ( cpu and mem usage is for IExplorer, not all processes - I hope
                  that's what you were looking for)
                  MemUsage 20,372
                  Non Scrolling about 14% CPU usage apx 1 out of 3 seconds
                  Scrolling avg between 22%-35% --- Smooth
                  *****************************

                  Browser Same as above
                  Processor AMD Duron 756
                  Mem 512
                  Win XP SP2

                  MemUsage 26,660k
                  Non Scrolling about 3% CPU usage Constant
                  Scrolling Avg between 70%-90% ( faster scroll= higher usage) ---
                  Smooth
                  *******************************

                  Browser AOL Explorer Browser v1.2.5.16 ( Not signed on through AOL)
                  Processor Same AMD computer as above
                  Mem 512
                  Win XP SP2

                  MemUsage 35,764
                  Non Scrolling about AVG 30% CPU constantly
                  Scrolling Avg between 75%-85% ( faster scroll= higher usage) ---
                  Jerky

                  <alans@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Can you help me debug this? We have gotten a number of complaints
                  in our
                  > support box about this problem, but it is hard to track down. I
                  have tested
                  > the feature on Mac/Windows XP on Firefox 1.0/1.5/IE 6.0/Safari
                  >
                  > What web browser are you using, are you running out of memory? how
                  much
                  > memory / processor do you have?
                  >
                  > Alan

                • Brian Harris
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 2, 2006
                    I have everything in wheresjames correct with the settings in the demo,
                    but it never tries to upload! If I change it to a jpg file it will
                    upload. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling but doesn't help. Any
                    Ideas?? By the way, what kind of webcam do you have?

                    Thanks

                    KARHARTM1

                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 2, 2006
                      bharris,

                      I know the frustration, it took me a long time to have the thing
                      magically start working after I deleted some codecs then re-installed.

                      Did you try looking to see what codecs are installed? I removed
                      anything that I did not need. I read somewhere on a forum (there is a
                      forum off his page) that it might have something to do with some
                      offending codec. I might have also re-installed the codecs from MS.

                      I have a cheap-o creative web cam, nothing special.

                      I think the problem with the software has nothing to do with the cam
                      but rather the other codecs on the machine.

                      If I find any new info, I will let you know.